PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

I don’t work in papers; maybe as seems to be the case often, he didn’t write the headline for his article. Reading it, he actually says “maybe” we “broke the rules”, and if we did in as widespread a fashion as the number of accusations suggests we should suffer a points deduction or immediate relegation, if they are proved true, but tbh mate, that really isn’t the thrust of what he’s writing about.
For the avoidance of any doubt, he’s writing about Manchester united, about liverpool and about arsenal.
Journos don't write the captions to their articles as far as I am aware.

Another point to mention, as with the UEFA charges we have apparently not complied with requests to submit financial information. And as with UEFA I think we have reasonable grounds to suspect they wouldn't keep it to themselves or use for personal gain.

Would you share your club's finances with this lot?

CEO - Richard Masters, an Aston Villa fan, accused by Newcastle of acting inappropriately during their takeover, namely by fiddling the fit and proper test to exclude Newcastle's potential new Saudi owners. In 2021 an investigation into competition law found Masters had abused his position to award Qatari tv rights to the premier league to a preferred bidder, beIN sports. He's still in position despite this.

Secretary - Kevin Plumb, who was famously involved in exchanging emails containing misogynistic and sexist views with former chief, Richard Scudamore including calling women 'gash'. Both retained their positions. He's also the guy who is tasked with bringing down illegal football streams.

Non executive director - Mai Fyfield, a Sky director whose responsibilities include the distribution of sky channels to platforms such as cable and IPTV. No conflicts there, then!

Non executive director - Dharmesh Mistry, an investment banker who describes himself as an 'avid' Liverpool fan...

Chair - Alison Brittain, a Manchester United fan and former CEO of the Whitbread group. Seemingly ok with sharing the board with sexists if it means putting down her teams' arch rivals.

That's not even mentioning former chair Gary Hoffman, also chair of the bank Monzo at the same time as his premier league role, whom are I believe still under investigation for money laundering by the FCA.

It's not just that, the investigation started in 2018.

Yet 30 of the charges relate to us not handing over documents for the 2017/18, 2018/19, 2019/20, 2020/21 and 2021/22 seasons.

I mean 4 of those seasons hadn't even happened when the investigation started and the other season we were in the middle of.

So why should City hand over those documents when they aren't at all relevant to the investigation.

Whilst we're at in do they want Sheikh Mansours pin number?
Probably fine us for not disclosing that.

Won’t post the full article. BM rules.

Headline + last paragraph.

Martin Samuel in the Times.

View attachment 68438

It was at this point that the City project went into overdrive. Sergio Agüero, Yaya Touré, David Silva, Roberto Mancini. The FFP drawbridge was shutting and they escalated recruitment rapidly to get inside the castle. The accusation remains that, in doing so, they were not honest. Maybe. But, paradoxically, they kept the league honest, because standards improved and have never been higher. City have helped make the Premier League the place to be, because the best players are here, the best managers and the best football. Still, watching mediocre United teams win title after title; that would definitely have been fun too.
That article should required reading for all supporters of other clubs.

Not sure if I’m missing something, but why would that be relevant to this?
up till now there’d been no bids for any of the red shirts, and no firm interest in the scousers, so basically a waiting game ensued while the PL followed through with promises made to their owners, who’d probably intimated to prospective new investors/owners that we would be facing doomsday, all of a sudden that guaranteed top four place is a bit more attainable

How does any of this compare to the Swindon stuff back in the day? Didn’t they get done for paying players illegally?

The PL are being used by the red shirts, this is clear. They are desperate to test City on the facts that were time-barred in UEFA's case against us because that, and City being "non-cooperative", is pretty much all they have. I think we have to be careful, though. Once it becomes clear that there's no case to answer, the PL will be a shell of its former self, weak in the eyes of those using it, and THAT is when the new European Super League will be announced - with or without us.
The Premier League ARE the red shirts...

Presume he’s referring to the bitter ongoing feud between Qatar and UAE/Saudi.

Still it’s a non relevant point.
You don’t think us being charged changes things for prospective new owners of either the rags or dippers ? It changes everything, their investment levels, potential earnings, the prospect of a super league, they want us out of the picture and will then move on to Newcastle

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.