PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Can’t find the original post from the person saying why haven’t we just taking the alleged offered 6 point deduction for an easier life

Would you take a reduced sentence of 5 years for a crime you haven’t, and can you prove you haven’t, committed?

None taken. I AM an old woman. As long as you don’t say I haven’t got a sense of humour! ;-) :-)
I have it on good authority that Eccles has already drafted her outline report on the case.
“Well done the boys in wigs, you showed ‘em, you showed ‘em all. The myopic nincompoops of PL lawyers were destroyed by Pannick, a Stones-like defender….”

I just now ran across this for the first time. I'm sure its been posted here before, but here it is again for the witless like myself ... click 'show more' for a medium length read laying out the charges ....

I couldn't understand your response at first but think I've got it now.

There's a big difference in doing something that's deliberately deceptive and doing something you believe you have good grounds for. It's the difference between acting in bad faith and good faith.

For example, we proved to the comfortable satisfaction of the CAS panel that the Etihad sponsorship wasn't disguised equity investment, as we presented evidence that it had come from a source other than ADUG. So unless the PL has an email or other evidence that specifically contradicts that testimony, they will struggle to prove it. If they do have cogent evidence that there was a conspiracy to lie and mislead the panel, then we would be in serious trouble.

Same for Fordham. We didn't do that to hide expenses but to bring in revenue. I assume we took good legal and financial advice about that, and that we didn't act in deliberate bad faith. But the IC could potentially still find us in breach of something, but not that we acted deceptively.

Fair enough, thanks.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.