PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

This non cooperation element baffles me.

If we have genuinely not provided such and such a document, or spreadsheet or witness statement, how would they be able to prove the alleged breach that relates to?
Remember the emphasis is on them to prove not us to disprove.

I get that an adverse inference could be drawn but that doesn’t necessarily amount to proof.

Also, would there be some “cut off point” for not cooperating on whatever issue? So for eg the PL say we need such and such a document by 1st May and we don’t provide it, but provide it a week later, would that still be non cooperation even though we have factually provided the document?

Would there be any criteria where not providing something is actually ok?
I agree. The PL will have been on a fishing expedition and our lawyers will have advised City what they should and should not provide. That does not mean we did not cooperate. The media are assuming what happened at UEFA will happen again. I remember seeing a report from the PL that they were satisfied with City's level of cooperation early on in their investigation. I think the PL have thrown the kitchen sink at City in the hope that the IC can find something to criticise us with. Desperate stuff.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.