PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Agreed about the proof. Seems to me the PL won't have had access during the investigation to the external information they need and won't have access to it in front of the panel, at least not in the form they would need it, to prove the serious allegations even if the club did do what is alleged.
Absolutely. As I read them (and I am most definitely a novice in these matters), the rules on financial disclosure only apply to the Club or the group that it is a member of (which in our case is CFG). The alleged disguised funding would have taken place between ADUG and the sponsoring companies. In the event the Premier league had access to their information, you would expect that if everything is clean then there will be nothing to see and, if there is some practice going on which infringes the rules, then there will also be nothing to see. Either way there will be nothing to see.

Jordan back to being a **** again and peddling conspiracy theories about the panel. I’d also like him to explain what the inconsistencies were in the witness statements given to CAS.
How Stefan manages to keep so calm in the face of such confrontational bullshit is beyond me!
Right at the end he says i might be 60 by the time they get sanctioned. i do think Jordan is funny, it is no wonder he lost so much money in football, he even blames City going to CAS for dragging it out, funny funny man

Right at the end he says i might be 60 by the time they get sanctioned. i do think Jordan is funny, it is no wonder he lost so much money in football, he even blames City going to CAS for dragging it out, funny funny man
You can see why he wasn't cut out to be a football chairman - brash, abrasive, impulsive. To be fair, those qualities probably brought about his wealth initially, but he simply doesn't have the temperament to run a large business successfully over a sustained period of time. Contrast Jordan with Khaldoon and you'll learn something about business.

My understanding is that UEFA set the rules but the PL have to 'sign off' our submission and are effectively the delegated authority for issuing the FFP licence.

It's a bit like getting insurance through a broker like Swinton. The insurer will supply the underwriting guidelines and rates but unless there's a problem, Swinton will issue the policy on their delegated authority.

Yes, that's about it. I was hoping I wouldn't have to get stuck into another set of bloody rules, but here we are :)

Seems to me it's a bit of both.

The club's have to send the information UEFA want to the PL each year, the PL reviews it and decides whether it complies with the requirements (including the directors representing the information is complete and accurate, although I can't find anything about good faith. I suppose that is a requirement if the Swiss code in any case?).

If it complies, they issue the annual UEFA licence and send everything to UEFA.

The actual FFP monitoring, though, is done by the CFCB (on a three year basis as we know) on the basis of the information provided by the PL.

Just from a quick reading. Happy to accept there may be more to it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.