PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Not really much point in Stefan turning up a) because Jordan has a closed mind, and b) nothing has actually changed since he was last in the studio.
he's earning a living more power to his elbow
i didnt hear it today just clip on here but wasnt he in to talk about more yanks buying a football club closed shop incoming

isnt he claiming another stolen email miraculouly turned up after CAS saying something other than witness statment
There was one e-mail that Der Spiegel pulled out of their arse a couple of weeks after the CAS verdict didn’t go their way. They claim it proved that Simon Pearce lied on oath but from memory it was just in a similar vein to the e-mails that City successfully defended against at CAS. As such, @petrusha - who is a lot more qualified than me at assessing these things - dismissed it at the time as more re-hashed bollocks. And looking at it logically, if it truly was a smoking gun then why the fuck didn’t UEFA open a new investigation off the back of it? If Jordan is pinning his hopes on that then he’s a desperate fucker IMO.

Read somewhere that it was possible for him to contract the work out as it was a contract with his company
I think I’d word it slightly differently, but yes, if it’s a UK Ltd company, he can employ someone else to fulfil the contractual obligations

Although the person he appoints to do the work has to be capable of delivering it to the required standard

I think that’s the only caveat if memory serves

I'd be seriously surprised and disappointed if our transactional history (and that of our sponsors) showed anything other than we are squeaky clean, which I guess leads back to witness statements and whether or not you believe there is something meaningful which can be derived from the emails. Putting the CAS judgement to one side, I am not sure how emails could stand up against records of signed off, approved, authorised transactions. This is bread and butter stuff for any auditable industry.

I know there are other charges, but to me, the ones aimed at disguised shareholder funding feels like the most serious set.

I had a discussion a while ago (yes, pretty much everything has been discussed in this thread) about how money in the UAE moves around the various government agencies and their investments and even the suppliers of their investments.

It seems it isn't unusual for monies for payee companies to be transferred in one amount to a particular supplier directly from the government agencies. And then the accounting sorts itself out. Maybe someone who knows the region better than I do can confirm that?

I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of the confusion over funding and apparent explanations in emails relate to such payments from government agencies which seem very obscure and convoluted to a western mindset, but are perfectly normal and more convenient in a middle eastern mindset. It could even be possible that Mansour's personal wealth is handled by a government agency. I suppose it's possible that it took a few years for all that to be clarified and sorted into a more "western" procedure for the people at the club to get a better handle on

Just a thought.

May, of course, be complete bollocks.

He was so 'calm' he failed to counter any of Jordan's anti City bullshit.
We've been over it before. The best way to deal with the idea it is all a stitch is to show how ludicrous that suggestion looks in the face of a 12 week hearing, a 200 page + decision, a 5 year process, EIGHT PL barristers etc. But again, a) I don't have infinite time b) it is not my show c) I am not paid by City to defend them.

reading between lines they hope to discredit witnesses or one or more senior figures not showing up as all aged a few year since CAS
Is this not a key reason many industries document and sign transactions or operations, to shift the reliance away from the memory or word of individuals, and provide a clear trail of certified information when historical proof or evidence is needed. I guess the Premier league will do it's best to drag the discourse away from that level of certainty and focus on portraying a scene of murky dealings in the background for which witnesses and what they share will become all important.

Well he would be clearing his own name to? As I see it and I may be wrong it's a hearing against us but if we are found guilty I'd imagine other people would have a lot to answer for and that include mancini.
He's said publicly that there was nothing underhand and that all due taxes have been paid there are no consqencies for him regardless of the PL commission's verdict

There was one e-mail that Der Spiegel pulled out of their arse a couple of weeks after the CAS verdict didn’t go their way. They claim it proved that Simon Pearce lied on oath but from memory it was just in a similar vein to the e-mails that City successfully defended against at CAS. As such, @petrusha - who is a lot more qualified than me at assessing these things - dismissed it at the time as more re-hashed bollocks. And looking at it logically, if it truly was a smoking gun then why the fuck didn’t UEFA open a new investigation off the back of it? If Jordan is pinning his hopes on that then he’s a desperate fucker IMO.

Yes, I think that is what he is talking about.

Was discussed a while ago. Jordan is wrong that the evidence given by the witnesses at CAS was inconsistent. It was thoroughly consistent and convincing. Cogent is the word, I think.

As you say, he is referring to the Harris/Magic Twat theory that Pearce "unequivocally" denied at CAS that he had ever "arranged" any payments to be made to Etihad. But then some of the newly leaked emails after CAS, in 2022, seemed to show him "arranging" payments to and from Etihad. Their hope is that that is evidence of Pearce perjuring himself but, as always, it isn't that simple. Pearce is a smart guy. I doubt he will have any problem explaining why "arranging" payments to Etihad isn't the same as "arranging" payments to and from Etihad :)

Context is everything.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.