PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Why would Etihad need Sheikh Mansour to pay the majority of their sponsorship contract when they were turning over billions of USD per annum? Looks like they can afford to pay it themselves which was confirmed at CAS.
If I recall correctly they had a bit of a sticky patch with significant losses, starting around 2016 and running for a few years. Nearly 2B USD loss in 2016 on an 8B USD turnover. This of course wouldn't have relevance to anything predating 2016, when they were running a profit.

I know you're not there to defend City. I know you're there to promote yourself. Absolutely no problem with that. In fact it makes your opinions even more valuable to people like me because it means your one of the few people worth listening to.

I'll stress, once again, my gratitude to people like you for sharing your expertise with us, but the fact remains the TS studio is not an environment you're able to thrive in. You are too measured, too polite, too slow to compete with those bastards.

Your strength is the written word and an environment where you have time to make your points to people who will give you a fair hearing.

My only concern is Manchester City, not your hurt feelings about being taken to the cleaners on national radio, yet again.

Fully braced for another thread ban for having the temerity to say anything negative about you, but I stand by the points I've made.
How was he taken to the cleaners on national radio?
Because Simon Jordan spouts total shite about our club not knowing wtaf he's talking about!
Stefen is the only one in our corner & also not being biased because he's a blue himself & spitting out facts as he knows them, Simon Jordan just talks over anyone along with jim white, end of the day without stefen who else we got?
Absolutely NO ONE!
Like he said, he ain't working on behalf of City!
But he knows his stuff alot more than most & I & most other blues 100% appreciate what he does & provides to this platform!!!

We’d have snapped their hand off.

Not, if as our chairman says, we're totally innocent. We fought UEFA and won, though that wasn't enough for the media and trolls who still label us as cheats. 99% of these cretins are convinced of our guilt in this case. Accepting a settlement would still leave a cloud over us. It's now Armageddon time for us and a chance to once more clear our name.

Not, if as our chairman says, we're totally innocent. We fought UEFA and won, though that wasn't enough for the media and trolls who still label us as cheats. 99% of these cretins are convinced of our guilt in this case. Accepting a settlement would still leave a cloud over us. It's now Armageddon time for us and a chance to once more clear our name.
A six point penalty balanced against the possibility of the IC coming down on us like the proverbial truck: just my opinion but I think we’d take that. And I think our legal advisors would say similar. Just my hunch.

Sorry.
But if everything is above board, legal, etc (which I think it is)
Why would/should we accept something that seems like a 'deal' to escape punishment for something we haven't done?

Because a settlement isn't an admission of guilt, the opportunity cost is too great and the risks too grand to not take it if it ever was offered.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.