PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

No idea where it was originally posted that a 6 point deduction was offered but it’s obviously complete bollocks.

Why would the PL offer a 6 point settlement to City at pretty much the same time they were recommending the IC punish more than that for Forest and Everton for minor PSR transgressions.
The league also had Everton and Forest dead to rights, smoking gun and all.

In our case they have probably spent loads and loads of money on a legal team and defense, and if they offered it, it may be along the lines of they would rather get something as opposed to nothing. They could spin it as a victory without spending tons of money and time on a legal team that doesn’t even guarantee a win. It will have been a two year process to just get the tribunal started and finished plus an additional 4 years of investigating. It will have been 6 years and if they lose they will have spent a ton of money with nothing to show for it.

No idea where it was originally posted that a 6 point deduction was offered but it’s obviously complete bollocks.

Why would the PL offer a 6 point settlement to City at pretty much the same time they were recommending the IC punish more than that for Forest and Everton for minor PSR transgressions.

Since a few people seem to have missed a chunk of the thread - fair enough due to the pace it moves - here's the link to where the "6 point deduction offer" information first came from.

Post in thread 'PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules' https://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/...aches-of-financial-rules.358514/post-17510222

Think Prestwich Blue had said a very reliable source had told him the PL had made a settlement offer which City turned down flat

And he added that another source, who he couldn’t vouch for as strongly had told him about the 6 point offer

Nothing at all! Seems plausible that a settlement offer could’ve been made, but six points just seems unlikely to me.
Ok, thanks mate. Just thought you might’ve had some info from inside the club refuting the 6 point story!
With what you’ve said in mind, I’m doubtful myself but I suppose it becomes quite plausible IF the PL have been warned by their own legal team that City are likely to wipe the floor with them.

But if they wanted us to accept an offer, and cause us ‘guilt by association’ , then they would surely offered us something too good to turn down???! By the way I’m Not disagreeing with anything you say Chris, cos I don’t believe they offered us a deal anyway, my point being why not offer us something we couldn’t turn down if they wanted us to accept??
Maybe they thought they did?

When we win this I hope City do the countdown clock on the scoreboard like they did at QPR 115 to zero now that would be piss funny as we pick up 5 in a row
That countdown set a lass off crying in the row in front of me, which almost set me off. It was a perfect fuck you to those bastards for that belittling sign, especially the way the day transpired

Whoever thought of it should be given the freedom of Manchester

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.