PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

People confuse loans with losses. There is nothing to stop an owner loaning a billion to their club. They just wouldn't be able to spend it if it resulted in losses over the FFP limit. It's one of these red-herrings that City fans cling to when they discuss the allegations against us. Shouldn't, really.

Now I think about it, though, Mansour should put a billion into the club and let it earn interest. FFP problems with the PL solved in perpetuity ....
The interest would count as spend on ffp account.

Oh dear. The Times are reporting that the Premier League budgeted 8 million for legal bills. They have already spent 45 million on the Everton, Leicester etc cases.

How thick can they possibly be. They are using emails of Khaldoon saying how much he’d spend on legal & they took no notice when estimating their costs.

Reading the last few pages on here and the mood seems abit more pessimistic, but I’ve just read articles where the premier league clubs are starting to worry the legal costs of this battle will cost them all money as it will be taken from prize funds… surely that means they’re all abit worried the PL will lose the case and will be footing the legal costs…

There is absolutely nothing that has happened in the last three months that should affect how people feel about this hearing. If people were confident three months ago, rationally they should still be confident now

If they are making an emotional response to what is written or said in the media, then they should stop reading or listening to anything in the media at all. Or, at the very least, whenever they do read or see some complete drivel in the media take a few moments to consider each time the point in the first paragraph and ask " what did I actually learn from this that should affect my judgment?". I can assure you the answer for the next three months, at least, will be nothing at all.

Seems abit bizarre to me that City are paying through the pl to for the hearing against City

Doesn't matter. If the PL can't prove their most serious allegations they will be paying a significant proportion of City's legal costs anyway, no matter what happens on non-cooperation and the others. They are looking at a big number for all this.

Whose account in the bank?
How do City benefit?
You need to think this one through!

Err, interest free loan from ADUG to City. City no interest expense. Sits in City's bank account, earns interest. Interest is income for FFP.

Am I missing something here?

Granted ADUG loses interest income in the UAE, but that is small fry compared to pulling one over the PL.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.