PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

My great grandfather sold live chickens on Sheffield Market, any unsold "stock" were taken back home and lived with my Grandma and family, often over a weekend. My Gran said it was often difficult to sleep at night due to the noise the birds made. Chickens can fly but not a lot so I guess your great grandfather trumps mine!

I would like to think the engineering background is why my posts are so incisive. But then I remember one of my other great grandfathers was a circus performer which probably better explains most of my posts.

I would like to think the engineering background is why my posts are so incisive. But then I remember one of my other great grandfathers was a circus performer which probably better explains most of my posts.
They could have teamed up for the original wing-walk display..!!

I think barristers can make a difference but there are many variables. I’ve had superb £10k per day KCs have poor days and lose cases/hearings, seen other barristers who I just didn’t rate convince the judge of points that were wrong etc. It is really not an exact science.
As a QC (as he then was) once said to me, advocacy is a marginal art.

No, but my great grandfather was a Charles Fletcher who was an aviator from Manchester, one of the first to get something up in the air, at Platt Fields iirc. He made his own rotary engines (cue Wankel jokes). John Alcock was an assistant of his for a while before teaming up with Brown.
My daughter in law is the great granddaughter of RG Mitchel (Spitfire) fame.

Not sure why I mentioned it apart from desperately trying to have a foot in the conversation.

As a layman I 100% accept this, but must admit I am completely baffled. How does all that evidence get mapped into the 130 specific charges across 13 years, at least 13 versions of the PL Handbook and 13 sets of accounts. Let's say eg, Simon Pearce was questioned again about his famous email which related to one sponsorship and in one FY. What specifc charges are relevant to his testimony ? Was this the reason it took 18 months to reach a hearing, ie the mappings were all agreed beforehand. I can see one hell of a master spreadsheet would be needed to manage the complexity. I have always assumed the ruling will state an outcome on every single charge, Maybe it will just do 13 outcomes, so one per year.
Couldn’t he just claim the same as the guys who was asked about referencing ‘Gilf states’
- ‘That was just a general term Inused st the time. I didn’t specifically mean it exactly so’

As a QC (as he then was) once said to me, advocacy is a marginal art.
I always thought 'Marginal Art' was the doodles I used to draw at the side of the pages when pretending to read tomes such as 'Crime and Punishment' or 'Little Dorrit' or 'Middlemarch'..

(sorry..! couldn't resist..! you make an valid, important point and I'm a very naughty boy for my trivial response!)

I always thought 'Marginal Art' was the doodles I used to draw at the side of the pages when pretending to read tomes such as 'Crime and Punishment' or 'Little Dorrit' or 'Middlemarch'..

(sorry..! couldn't resist..! you make an valid, important point and I'm a very naughty boy for my trivial response!)
No pushback from this quarter for a trivial response!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.