PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Yeah, I get that (although GDM will probably pull you up for use of “legal teams”!). The notion that the PL themselves can’t afford expert legal representation too is frankly laughable.

Was just wondering whether Pannick himself is genuinely the very best in the business, or if he’s just simply more high profile than his peers, such as Lewis. I.e. are the margins at that level less pronounced. To carry on GDM’s analogy, is it more like the difference between having KDB or David Silva.
The difference of course is that the PL seem to have up to recently at least ignored UK law and simply dismissed evidence that contradicts their decisions.
Maybe years of ignoring the UK law cannot suddenly be justified no matter how smart ones choice of legal presentation.

Yeah, I get that (although GDM will probably pull you up for use of “legal teams”!). The notion that the PL themselves can’t afford expert legal representation too is frankly laughable.

Was just wondering whether Pannick himself is genuinely the very best in the business, or if he’s just simply more high profile than his peers, such as Lewis. I.e. are the margins at that level less pronounced. To carry on GDM’s analogy, is it more like the difference between having KDB or David Silva.
Pannick is as good as it gets. He has two hats, one as an advocate and one in the House of Lords. Apparently his role in the HOL is to scrutinise proposed new legislation and where necessary correct, improve and generally upgrade it. He can never change political intent but he has by all accounts intervened on huge number of Acts of Parliament. He is regarded as a leading authority in the world on the formation of new legislation. However he also loves advocacy work (especially for us), that's the only reason he isn't a judge, just his personal preference. Worryingly, he has always gravitated to challenging cases, so Real Madrid away from home and not say, a 'gimmy 3 points' like the rags at home.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.