PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

I have a feeling this will come down to letter of the law vs spirit of the law. No evidence of this, just a feeling. I think Man City will have carefully followed the letter of the law but by the sounds of it may come a cropper with the spirit of the law over image rights and the company they sold the rights to (if as reported this was a vehicle for ADUG). Nothing illegal in what they did, but could possibly be considered to be owner funding that shouldn''t count towards FFP.

Spirit of the law? I would say clever accounting really is within the FFP. Invented to protect interests & so was creative accounting.

Just a bland statement from the Club.

They want our undivided support, I personally thing they should be giving us more.
Sometimes less is more. The less we give the more the accusers have to justify.

Ultimately no-one will ever fully know the business model that city uses unless they share it but why would they? How many businesses provide more than what they are legally obligated to provide? City haven't been charged by any authority for any crime except for those levelled by the clowns in the Premier League.

You have to remember that the Premier League oversaw wild spending in the past and did nothing, think Wimbledon, Leeds, Portsmouth etc. It's not hard to argue that the Premier League should be investigating its own role in its ability to police club finances.

I also don’t believe City would be so confident about clearing our name without having the chance to take the case to court. People can say City are always going to leak that they’re confident even if they weren’t, but the leaks so far from journalists close to City and from Tolmie have been almost as if they can’t wait for the outcome.
I agree. We're up against a corrupt organization that is going to conduct a corrupt case against us. The only way anyone could be confident is if we were able to somehow take this to the courts of law.

This case will likely drag on and on. The media will continue to stoke the fires of speculation.
How far will that affect player / manager concentration and confidence?
Will it encourage key players to want away?
Or can the club switch this attack and use to our advantage?
Players as long as they are paid will stay

Having gathered my thoughts on this since Monday I am still led to the inevitable conclusion that, its about damage to City's reputation and that the PL isn't really bothered as to what level of damage. Nothing less than a complete exoneration will clear us and we all know that isn't going to happen. Merely accepting a reprimand or fine will leave us guilty as charged in the eyes of others. We're being stitched up and I have no doubt that Khaldoon & Co are well aware of it. I just hope they have sufficient evidence to prove that whatever we may have done was within the rules at the time. The best we can hope for IMHO is that the "independent commission" throws the charges out on that basis. Even that would be a long shot. Too late though, the mud has already stuck. Mission accomplished by the cartel. Like other Fellow Blues I can see this ending up in the High Court.

I took away from it that it wouldn't be to set aside any punishment, but to go nuclear on the Premier League with what we have.
Do we have anything nuclear to go on the Premier League with? Surely if we had, we'd have dropped a couple of subtle hints to the main protagonists prior to this to get them to put the brakes on. It looks to me like the Big 6 aren't worried what City might have.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.