PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Can I add a question. As football is also a business we have to obey the rules of the country we live in. Despite the fact that we signed up to the rules of the league we still have our rights to run our business to achieve the best results without being restricted by our competitors. So I believe that we have the nuclear option of challenging this in the courts because of it's anti competitive nature. Is this reasonable?
No, if you join a club you sign up to obey their rules even if they are anti-competitive.

Yet, City have recently sucked up to LFC.(email, announcement)

As this unfolds, that fact that we’ve done that is more and more insane.

Who at City authorised it?
An idiot or someone with guilt, we will find out in the coming months.

Have you got any thing that backs that up pretty please.

I rekon if we get found guilty I think the super league will rear its head again and this time I'd probably back it, its amazing that they're charging us for financial breaches there just out to get us and the premier league are so corrupt
If we get found guilty, we can forget the super league. We won’t be “invited”.

That’s the end game here. Not to Nick a few titles from us. It is to literally end the club as a going concern.
You simply cannot have people with brown skin owning a successful football team in this country. If our owner was like the Venky’s , there’d be none of this.
Unfortunately for him and us, he is the wrong sort of Muslim.

All that said, he and Khaldoon are also nobody’s fools and if anyone thinks they’ve done all this hard work and been stupid enough to risk it all being undone by not covering tracks properly, they don’t know who our owner is.

We shall prevail on this, I have no doubt. Eventually.
We may well have to take a punch or two before the final bell, but when it rings it won’t be the FA having their arm raised.

It is always darkest before the dawn blues. Ride the next few weeks and months out. It will make the victory so much sweeter.

Superbia in Proelio

I rekon if we get found guilty I think the super league will rear its head again and this time I'd probably back it, its amazing that they're charging us for financial breaches there just out to get us and the premier league are so corrupt
You do know that the PL is just all 20 PL clubs together and that the instigators will be the clubs also in the ESL?

It's just a bit childish.

Plus, whoever you complain to is also going to support a football team, so you're essentially insulting them by proxy and saying they couldn't be impartial in a matter tangentially involving their club.

I doubt Lord Pannick is a seacon ticket holder. The 3 CAS judges would all have supported someone.

Sometimes I think some posters would refuse surgery if they found out their doctor was a United fan (or Liverpool, or Arsenal, or Chelsea or any of the hateful 8 or Barcelona, or Bayern etc).

Not sure that's a fair analogy.

How about this: would you refuse surgery from a member of an organ harvesting cult, even if he is the most qualified? And if you didn't, would you always have a sneaking suspicion that one of your kidneys may be missing? Why would the hospital put you in that position when there are plenty of other surgeons?

There must be plenty of experienced KCs who don't have a season ticket at a rival who can gain from the outcome. Why put yourself in the position, if you are the PL, where that can even be mentioned in the public sphere?

Not saying he will be biased, but why even have the smallest appearance of the meerest glimmer of a conflict of interest when you don't have to?

What if, say, one of our defences is that the PL has been put under pressure from our competitors to act and we refer to Arsenal as one of the CAS 9, or use the letter on Arsenal's letterheading? Would that not be uncomfortable for him? Would that not cast doubt, however unfounded, on his actions?

Not really that bothered, I think we will be OK whoever is in charge, I just don't think it's a smart move by the PL, or by him to accept for that matter.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.