PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

I feel so upset and fucked off about it all kaz
I only go for the memory of my dad who passed 5 years ago but do you know what I'm done with it all now it's exhausting
Maybe that's what they wanted all along
Cunts
Never surrender...lean on your fellow fans for support...we have your back

PL charges were seemingly rushed out due to an expected announcement about a Government appointed Regulator which the EPL and 19 of its members do not want. The Regulator question has been deferred by a few weeks. I’m struggling with two questions :-
1. Do the charges brought against City (and the unseemly pile on by rival clubs and media interests) make a Regulator more or less likely ?
2. If a Regulator is appointed, what impacts would it have (if any) on the proceedings against City ?
I’m thinking a Regulator may now be more likely, very interested in people’s views on this and what would be best for City.

The one thing that worries me and as done for years is why the club have never really responded to the constant shit thrown at us from different sectors season after season.
Yes we can call it jealousy but it seems really strange that in the cesspit of the footballing industry we kept turning the other cheek to be attacked again and again and again.
The final straw for me was the joint statement with the Dippers.
It seems we really wanted "friends" that badly that the club would put up with anything as just not to upset the warlords.
I hope to God this wasn't done because we'd made mistakes and are guilty of something and that it's just the style of our club not lowering itself to the "English disease" that is journalism.
City just don't want to be at the centre of these self-serving attacks. We want to be respectful & professional in our approach to business & not to be the cause of European football's downfall.

We've tried hard to be reasonable with the European elite, but this ploy has failed miserably. It's time to take the gloves off, don the bovver boots & go kick some fuckin heads in. It's war!

OK, one last post about it.

This was presumably the guy City selected from the approved list who voted for City every time, as opposed to the German guy UEFA selected who voted for UEFA every time?

Not sure this helps allay any suspicions people may have about independence ...

We don't know who voted which way, we only know that all 3 were deemed to be fair and impartial.

The point is not that City had a man on the board, it's that at this level people are grown up enough to know everyone's going to have tangential connections somewhere in a small industry and it doesn't get in the way of doing their jobs fairly.

OK, one last post about it.

This was presumably the guy City selected from the approved list who voted for City every time, as opposed to the German guy UEFA selected who voted for UEFA every time?

Not sure this helps allay any suspicions people may have about independence ...
It doesn’t. Why would each side need to pick, if independence isn’t an issue?

I just have no faith in the PL case being objective and fair. I appreciate that arbitrators must carry a high level of integrity but we all have biases. The same as how the UEFA panel found us guilty and then an independent panel at CAS saw it differently.

It is really concerning that our fate is with an ‘independent’ PL panel and that there is no route to the UK justice system. I have little knowledge of the law but please could you explain why we can’t take this to the high court?
I see it as the same as me or you going into work and arguing the toss of the rights and wrongs of it with your red top workmates.
I had about six of them this morning taking the piss but didn’t want to listen to any logic from me.

Basically, if you have to explain you’re already losing.

That’s where we are in this boys club. We’re fncked either way.

It begs the question to the fans. Why do we want to be part of such a corrupt league?

Last edited:
Come on, lets be serious. No court will strike down the agreement between MCFC and the PL. These are sophisticated parties with huge legal resources agreeing objectively reasonable clauses.
I wasn’t suggesting they would. I was replying on a general basis to a poster who thought courts would automatically uphold all contracts.
I‘ll let you off, though, so much to wade through!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.