PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

This has been going on since the takeover. Whatever the outcome we know who's behind it and why. It's the biggest kids in the playground changing the rules when a smaller kid suddenly gets bigger and starts to beat them. Unfortunately for us the bigger kids have the whole of the gobshite media with them. It's a scattergun approach too, if you throw enough mud at something, no matter how non stick you make a building eventually something will stick.

I can understand the frustration against FFP but is this relating to that? Or just general financial breaches.

If the latter, can’t really argue about FFP and its purpose of protecting the original top 4.
This PL case is virtually nothing to do with the original FFP rules as such. The UEFA allegations have been thrown in again but they are there just to boost the number of charges. The other stuff is more serious.

Are any of the charges to do with breaking FFP rules for 9 years though? I thought most of them are nothing to do with FFP?

Yes. Apprarently abiding by UEFA FFP is one of the Premeir League's rules. We've been charged for not doing that in 2013-2018, and charged for not complying with the investigation from 2018-2023.

In respect of each of Seasons 2013/14 to 2017/18 inclusive, the Premier League Rules applicable in those Seasons requiring a member club to comply with UEFA’s regulations, including UEFA’s Club Licensing and Financial Fair Play Regulations, namely:
(a) for Season 2013/14, Premier League Rule B.14.6; and
(b) for Seasons 2014/15 to 2017/18 inclusive, Premier League Rule B.15.6.

It’s telling the club have not issued a statement. Previously it’s been within minutes of an allegation against us.
Maybe just choosing their words carefully.
Perhaps we should have joined the Super League

Is it possible there is no conspiracy, and you could be guilty of the charges?

Really disappointing if true. Especially as all clubs sign on to commit to FFP, and if indeed Man City were not being forthright whilst everyone else was.........tut tut tut.

Liverpool Echo is already in overdrive asking from a couple of league titles they think now belongs to them
Fuck this cocky **** off.

What's the worse that can possibly happen?
Relegation to League 2?
Is there anyone here who will stop supporting the club?
Fuck it, I'll support it more. Will probably be able to afford the Tunnel Club as all the corporates and tourists will fuck off, and we'll be sponsored by Hyde's Brewery or something.
6-7 years and we'll be back in the PL.
Fuck the lot of them. The PL and the Cartel Clubs are 20 times more corrupt than City has been or ever will be. And don't start me on PiGMOL and the gambling syndicates. All bent as nine bob notes.
The worse that will happen is a 15 point deduction I guarantee it . A lot of hot air and our super lawyers will be all over it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.