PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Stefan made some very interesting points in his latest podcast.

Firstly, it’s inexplicable, given the time frames, that we could not sit down in a room with the boffins in the PL and not arrive at some sort of deal that saved the face of both parties, and saved millions and millions in the process.

Secondly, given the magnitude, gravity and complexity of the allegations, and everything that this sort of case brings with it in terms of evidence and witnesses, a 3 member PL panel is completely ill-equipped to deal with the demands of such a case.

Thirdly, and very importantly, if (and I emphasise if) we are found to have falsified information, then the biggest losers are we, the diehard fans. Our Board has stewardship over the management of the club. They owe a duty to us to manage the affairs of City in a manner that ensures we, as fans, can enjoy the fruits of their labour.

When I consider all of this, I’m not normally a conspiracy theorist. I don’t believe that Michael Jackson and Elvis are hanging out in some dark dingy bar in Tennessee.

However, the timing of this announcement, the manner in which was announced (complete with journalist tipoff), the vague sweeping nature of the charges, and the nature of the current leadership of the PL, leads me to a conclusion that we have been well and truly set up.

Absolutely, it’s the Premier league aided and abetted by clubs such as United and Liverpool set on the destruction of a Premier League member and stakeholder. A stakeholder that just happens to be the most successful team in the league in the last ten years.

It’s tiresome the club has had to endure these attacks since 2014. If we had been knocking around just in the top four all this time rather than winning it like we have the last five years do you think there would be this feeding frenzy and kangaroo courts demanding justice. The clubs that should be having their wings clipped are the teams that play in red, not City. They wanted to destroy the premier league 2 years ago by dreaming up the super league. Yeah our owners got involved but probably because they had no choice, staying in a uncompetitive league would have seriously devalued their asset.

The takeaway from all of this is our national game of football which we’ve all grown up enjoying and emotionally invested in has been taken away by greed. It’s not about competition, it’s about stacking the cards in the favour of who the premier league thinks are the most marketable globally. You look at how VAR is managed with rules made up on the fly to the Premier league desperately trying to find something in City’s accounts to fuck City over with again. Top level football in this country has no sporting integrity, it’s a geopolitical power play with all the money that is involved. It makes you want to pack it all in and give up going, that’s what they want. I’m not going anywhere and hopefully the club stands up to this bent organisation and their other members and becomes the annoying turd they can’t flush.

Could mean anything really, here's a few ideas;
Reputational damage corporate and individual
Loss of earnings (eg a sponsor withdraws etc)
Anti competitive practices (i.e the cartel)

Quite a bit of scope for some serious shit in my opinion.
Or just drop a nuke on them.

The more time passes, and the more we find out, it is looking increasingly clear that the realistic sanctions are nothing like as severe as originally mooted.
the charges seem t9 be multiplies of each charge, so once one is disproven I would think the rest get ticked off, non co operation, yes we did, ok they are all binned, next! Also if we were to be found guilty of some but not all then, what’s the punishment? If say all 100 are guilty then boom the world comes down but if it’s just one or two then what, a slap on the wrist? Also I believe there is nothing in PL rules about what to do about this punishment wise, so that “independent“ panel have zero guidance, they could just say go and wrote 100 lines I WILL NOT DO THIS AGAIN.

Would I be right in saying that if City thought the rags and dippers were cooking the books and City reported this to the pl. The pl would investigate into their book keeping for the last decade ?
Are the rags and dippers owned and run by Arab Muslims?

the charges seem t9 be multiplies of each charge, so once one is disproven I would think the rest get ticked off, non co operation, yes we did, ok they are all binned, next! Also if we were to be found guilty of some but not all then, what’s the punishment? If say all 100 are guilty then boom the world comes down but if it’s just one or two then what, a slap on the wrist? Also I believe there is nothing in PL rules about what to do about this punishment wise, so that “independent“ panel have zero guidance, they could just say go and wrote 100 lines I WILL NOT DO THIS AGAIN.
The handbook lists all the sanctions possible, but does not give a tariff for each type of breach.

The handbook lists all the sanctions possible, but does not give a tariff for each type of breach.
Does it? I’d heard they didn’t really have anything for this sort of thing. What’s the punishment for not fulfilling a fixture? Rags vs dippers!

Is it today that Ferran Soriano meets with all of the other PL chairmen face to face ... as they do this ...
ab2af854b98a61591e69eb5af08331c3_w200.gif

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.