PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

What you mean by this?

The exact charges against City are already known in detail.

The Athletic, for example, has even analyzed each of the 105-or-so charges against City and have lumped them into 4 broad categories: 1) most are apparently due to accounting practices with regard to sponsorships; 2) the second set of charges are related to alleged improper compensation for Mancini; 3) the third category of charges involves the license requirements to qualify for play in European football; 4) and the final category is due to City's perceived obstruction of the investigation into its finances.

They aren't known in detail though. Matt Lawton is one of the better commentators on financial stuff but he's just guessing, as we all are.

There is stuff about sponsorship in those charges but they're a subset of the overall group of charges around our accounts. It looks to me like the PL are going back to the period that was time-barred, as well as the period that wasn't. But I also think it involves the image rights payment issue, when these were paid by Fordham, rather than the club directly.

But that's speculation; we don't know the detail.

Ric - how do you think I feel? Another four fucking years of trawling through handbooks, toolkits, legal judgements, working out what they all mean and trying to make sense of them for City fans.
Not just City fans!
It's good for us to have real facts when we're dealing with the gobshite abuse.
PS - keep it in English, preferably moss side english. Thanks.

Ah the new super league. Cut through the bullshit and saw this lil snippet.

Reichart set out plans for cost control measures, saying clubs should spend only a fixed percentage of their annual football-related revenue on player salaries and net transfers.

"Club spending must be based solely on the funds generated and not on competitively distorting capital injections," he wrote.

So in effect the clubs with highest revenues can spend but the ones (like Newcastle) who want to catch up can’t. How can you raise your revenue if you can’t win?

Football is eating itself thanks to these new non competitive rules.
Blackburn okay, Wolves okay, Salford okay, Wrexham okay, cartel okay, everything before 2008 okay.....City not okay. If Sheikh Mansour had rocked up at any of the red shirts nobody would have battered an eye-lid..... CLEAR AND OBVIOUS

I doubt it'd be a problem, with a judgement potentially 3-4 years away. We'll just have to insert a clause into any contracts saying that players will be allowed to leave if, and it's a big if, we are found guilty.
It'd have to be that they're allowed to leave for a fee though. We can't just have half the squad walking out the door after a judgement against us

He's against City because he thinks we broke the rules. The rules he (presumably) was having to run his club by during the same period. He's got good reason to think we broke the rules as well, the emails look damning, the PL has enough evidence to charge us.

That's why this judicial process is important to everyone.

Pretty sure he was making such derogatory comments about us after CAS and before the PL charges.

My Dad used to mention Dennis Viollett every time they signed someone. He lived opposite the main entrance to Maine Road and, to everyone’s surprise, signed for the rags. His signature was quickly followed by a procession of those fancy new ‘white goods’ arriving at his Mam’s house!
And then he went and scored an own goal against Bert in the testimonial. He is reported to have said it was deliberate as he had never managed to beat Bert in a league match.
Ungrateful rag!

He didn't even have a media career for the first 10 years of the takeover so when was he espousing all these anti City views in 2008?
Oh I do apologise. Fact is that the twat has a clear and obvious agenda against us and is so far up the arse of United and the other so-called history clubs it's untrue. Did you see what the prick tweeted when City and Chelsea were the first 2 clubs to pull out of the Super League? Somewhat incredibly, he called us both out for being cowards while giving the other 4 English clubs a free fucking pass.

If you think he's actually being in any way sincere about his thoughts on City then you must have "GULLIBLE" tattoed across your forehead and I don't believe for one minute that you're stupid enough to be so naive.

well, the £8bn figure is for the PL industry and all its spin off jobs and contributions etc, not the revenue. I suppose the other leagues will add a bit, but not much. Anyway, seems a bit of a tangent so i wont take it any further.

(energy drink != soft drink)

CTID.
How many clubs in the entire pyramid? How many employees does each have? Not just coaches but day-to-day facilities, administration, financial, legal.

Not just first team but age groups down to practically toddler. And the women’s game.

How many employees at Sky Sports, BT Sports, Talksport? Various other media organisations.

How many employees at The FA? How many employees at The EFL? How many at all the other leagues?

Merchandise?

How many employees does Ribena or Coca-Cola have?

They’re both big industries but football is colossal and has so many different parts to it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.