PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Not to disagree with you, but didn’t Quinn confirm that the FFP that they were asked to vote on was not the same as the FFP that got announced. The original being primarily about limiting debt and things like Barca are doing now as opposed to the stop City FFP they announced.

Original FFP was supposed designed to stop the Leeds/Pompey model. But we got an FFP that actively encouraged debt and leveraged finance as opposed to encouraging investment.

If there were any significant changes they'd have had to vote again.

They aren't known in detail though. Matt Lawton is one of the better commentators on financial stuff but he's just guessing, as we all are.

There is stuff about sponsorship in those charges but they're a subset of the overall group of charges around our accounts. It looks to me like the PL are going back to the period that was time-barred, as well as the period that wasn't. But I also think it involves the image rights payment issue, when these were paid by Fordham, rather than the club directly.

But that's speculation; we don't know the detail.

Will City know the details?

I couldnt see us keeping say haaland against his will forcing him to play him league 2.
I’m assuming it would be the EFL Championship, and I didn’t claim we’d keep hold of every single player.

However, we absolutely could keep a decent number on in the Championship for one season, blitz the points and GD records to bounce straight back up.

Maybe Haaland, maybe not. It would be a call for the club to make. Be easier to convince players with an emotional connection though, such as the man himself

Well maybe we should , if we are innocent and I believe we are, why have we stayed silent?

Have we not transformed the professionalism of the way football is run?

Have we transformed the way the games is played?

Have we transformed one of England's great clubs?

Have we transformed a run down, inner city area of Manchester?

Have we given employment to hundreds of local unemployed people in the rebuilding of this club and it's
infrastructure?

Have we played a major part in making the Premier League one of the most valuable and most recognized brands in the world?

I would say the answer to all the above is YES and a big YES.

So why have we stayed so passive, so meek amongst all the rumor's and allegations, that's the one major worry that's in the back of my mind,
Everything you say we've done is true. Why do we need to try to convince a biased, hostile media to "brag" on our behalf? That would be a monumental waste of time and frankly not something I as a supporter would ever want the club to do. Our actions speak for themselves. People will believe what they want. We do our talking through our actions both on and off the field in doing the things you stated. That's more than enough for me. You may feel differently and that's OK with me. Me, I don't want a fucking thing from these low life scumbags passing themselves off as some type of news providers and/or subject matter experts (fucking hysterical). At this point it's better to watch them repeatedly choke on their own words and to watch their heads explode every time we win another piece of silverware.

It’s been three days since the PL charges and I’m already finding the whole thing pretty draining. Not spending the next three years (potentially) fretting until a judgement is actually made. Fuck that! It’s no good for my mental health for a start. Just want to get back to enjoying football, or at least trying to, again.

Still think that we’ll ultimately prevail again, as at CAS, and that talk of relegation, losing titles etc is fanciful. Fans of other clubs and certain journalists are getting giddy, and things seem grim at the moment, but the story will drift away in the minds of most over the coming weeks and months.

With no immediate threat to the club’s future, I hope we go absolutely balls out in the coming transfer windows and add more trophies to our cabinet. Demonstrate that we’re not going away anytime soon, despite what they wish.
Totally agree with this. The giddiness from the morons will dissipate with time as the news vaccuum and boredom sets in. The non-cooperation stuff feels like our biggest threat as it’s such an easy/imprecise allegation to lay at our door. I mean how do you quantify non-cooperation? It’s hugely subjective.

He's against City because he thinks we broke the rules. The rules he (presumably) was having to run his club by during the same period. He's got good reason to think we broke the rules as well, the emails look damning, the PL has enough evidence to charge us.

That's why this judicial process is important to everyone.
The same e-mails that we successfully challenged at CAS? Or did the prick miss that?

I doubt it'd be a problem, with a judgement potentially 3-4 years away. We'll just have to insert a clause into any contracts saying that players will be allowed to leave if, and it's a big if, we are found guilty.

I still can't quite believe this timeline.

It made sense when Stefan was talking about appeals going up to the high courts, but for a PL panel? It just doesn't really hold up.

I don't think it can be overstated how bad it would look for the Premier League to be in 2027 arguing about things that happened in 2008 from an investigation that started in 2018.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.