PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Look at all these cockroach journalist creating these stories about Haaland, Pep etc wanting to leave. The club are too fucking soft. They need to be banned from attending the Etihad and having the opportunity to ask Pep and the players the shit questions. I’m sick of it
I'd love Erling to score on Sunday then run over to the press box kissing the badge.
That would have them spewing

Oh come on ffs. You have got to be kidding?

I’d be like if a robber commits a crime and gets arrested for it without much evidence but then the people who grassed him up fancied doing a robbery too, so those in power, who were the grasses mates, quickly changed the law to make it legal in order to suit the grasses.

Perfectly fair because the robber broke the law but the latter didn’t right? Absolutely reasonable behaviour. You can’t pick and choose when laws stand or exist in order to suit an agenda.
Although he’s undoubtedly a horrible bastard, he can legitimately say what he’s said. In 1861 the locomotive act introduced a 10 MPH with the red flag act subsequently reducing that to 4 MPH in the country and 2 MPH in town. Following much lobbying the speed limit was increased to 14 and then 20 MPH before, in 1930, all speed limits for cars were abolished. So, you could have broken the law, from 1861 to 1930 whilst believing that there should actually be no speed limits!

Putting like would have been cruel there. I feel for you @KS55 . It’s the pits when the team need us!! ;-)
Sorry, being serious I really do feel for you. Trying to fight it seems to get us nowhere but we just keep on keeping on. :-)
I’m noticing it even more with all this sunshine as it is showing up the dust around the house! :-)
If I’m not invading your personal space I send you love and gentle hugs. :-)
Don’t worry about the dust. After three months it doesn’t get any thicker.

He's against City because he thinks we broke the rules. The rules he (presumably) was having to run his club by during the same period. He's got good reason to think we broke the rules as well, the emails look damning, the PL has enough evidence to charge us.

That's why this judicial process is important to everyone.

Not to disagree with you, but didn’t Quinn confirm that the FFP that they were asked to vote on was not the same as the FFP that got announced. The original being primarily about limiting debt and things like Barca are doing now as opposed to the stop City FFP they announced.

Original FFP was supposed designed to stop the Leeds/Pompey model. But we got an FFP that actively encouraged debt and leveraged finance as opposed to encouraging investment.

They aren't known in detail though. Matt Lawton is one of the better commentators on financial stuff but he's just guessing, as we all are.

There is stuff about sponsorship in those charges but they're a subset of the overall group of charges around our accounts. It looks to me like the PL are going back to the period that was time-barred, as well as the period that wasn't. But I also think it involves the image rights payment issue, when these were paid by Fordham, rather than the club directly.

But that's speculation; we don't know the detail.

What he said.

Problem is,we probably did,as we were in the league when it was formed in 1992............................unfortunately
We were, but that move was led by the clubs at the top, which we simply weren’t one of at that time. Everyone else *had* to agree, I.e. not so willingly.

The formation of the EPL was also just one part of the picture. It was the beginning, but there’s a difference between a restructured top-flight and what we have now as mentioned in my last comment

In fact, the ones who led that decision are the very same clubs who formed the cartel

I said after a few days this shitstorm would disappear and it looks like it has. Just one story now on the fail site below the fifteen on the rags game obviously. We might hear nothing now for another couple of seasons, bigger things to worry about until then. Chill everyone!
Deffo think the scum writers/ reporters have been told to he very careful what they say now

not gonna be any development on this for some time imo. tomorrow we will see Pep front of the press, his mood will be only thing to watch as I assume (hopefully) our press officer will make it clear no questions can be asked about or related to this ongoing case and fake charges. and anyone who does try to put Pep in a situation will be fucking dealt by Ricky Hatton on the spot and will never be invited back for pressers.
(I know, we are too nice for that, probably the opposite, VIP treatment next time...)
That’s funny, I was daydreaming today at work about Ricky paying a visit to the press box during a game and slamming a few dickheads words back down their throats, about ten years worth.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.