PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Its either them or us who has made a HUGE error in judgement. You're acting like the club doesn't have a world to lose. So you're telling me we built a 4 billion pound glass house just waiting to be smashed at the drop of a hat. Well its nowhere near that simple. You can think people are underestimating the Prem's position and I can tell you you're underestimating ours. We shall see.

I actually think it’s more likely we both have tbh.

The PL was not driven by Sky. it was greedy chairman to the highest bidder. We finished above MU and Liverpool in the 2 seasons before it started, and Arsenal and Chelsea were below us in mid-table in the first season. It was a pretty level playing field to start off with. We just went backwards when we needed to push on.

The money was driven by Sky,and let's face it that's the reason we are having this debate

What does that even mean.
If we come through this free and innocent, we have the likes of Newcastle, Chelsea and maybe a Qatar backed Rags hunting us down and throwing cash about like there is no tomorrow, you think the Execs want that?

I still can't quite believe this timeline.

It made sense when Stefan was talking about appeals going up to the high courts, but for a PL panel? It just doesn't really hold up.

I don't think it can be overstated how bad it would look for the Premier League to be in 2027 arguing about things that happened in 2008 from an investigation that started in 2018.
Why not? The allegations cover at least 9 years of accounts and the accusations imply a degree of fraudulent accounting. Every line of those accounts will need to be scrutinised, every single transaction that's controversial will need to be forensically analysed and debated by the respective lawyers. And that's before the panel get down to discussing their conclusions and reaching a verdict, let alone the almost inevitable appeal if we're found guilty! If the PL seriously think that can be done in a couple of months they're even more amateurish than I already thought.

Ducker from the telegraph saying the premier league independent commission do not have the power to relegate City.
They have the power for Expulsion ,points deduction or fine .
If expelled we would have to apply to join the football league 2 ,he goes on to say they could refuse us .

It’s a high risk strategy for them as if they are wrong do they not lay themselves open to legal action for the material damage to our business? Let’s face it if we were a fste company our stock would have taken a massive pounding through these allegations.

I knew a lad growing up, piss poor & he did a bit of bird for thieving. He learnt a trade & was a grafter & worked his balls off but he kept getting pulled by the Police.

He became very successful & I was told he received compensation for harassment & it helped him expand.

Is there any such thing for the continued harassment?

I knew a lad growing up, piss poor & he did a bit of bird for thieving. He learnt a trade & was a grafter & worked his balls off but he kept getting pulled by the Police.

He became very successful & I was told he received compensation for harassment & it helped him expand.

Is there any such thing for the continued harassment?
You answered your own question.

Ducker from the telegraph saying the premier league independent commission do not have the power to relegate City.
They have the power for Expulsion ,points deduction or fine .
If expelled we would have to apply to join the football league 2 ,he goes on to say they could refuse us .

I can't imagine that even if found guilty on all fronts they would feel the charges merit essentially destroying the football club. Juve got relegated yes, but for match fixing.

It’s a high risk strategy for them as if they are wrong do they not lay themselves open to legal action for the material damage to our business? Let’s face it if we were a fste company our stock would have taken a massive pounding through these allegations.
I imagine its incredibly difficult to prove any financial impact from reputational damage. Definitely in the UK. Not my profession though.

If it is all cleared, hopefully the club can finally go on the offensive. There have been open investigations on the clubs finances for nearly 4 years. Very possible that their legal advice has been to not engage with anyone until the cases are completely closed. If someone still called us a grubby cheating club in a public article or on the tv or radio or whatever after 2 cleared investigations then I’d want the club to rinse them for all theyre worth.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.