PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

ASWell it took them 4 years to get to this, without our piles of evidence . So it wouldn't surprise me if we are talking at leat a couple of years.Unless of course they take one look at our evidence and say the charges are dismissed and fine us for non cooperation and wasting their time.
Or alternatively they don't bother looking at our evidence, and just slap us with a guilty verdict on all counts and hand out the maximum punishment! Not that I'd expect that from an independent panel of course

IF we were expelled then we would have to apply to join the football league so it would be league 2
You can apply at any level, just have to have reason to be accepted by league. Otherwise you’re actually talking North West Counties league division one.

But, if it’s just a case of forced relegation, then it’s the Championship.

Realistically if they go down that route it’ll be Everton or whoever ends up 18th getting a reprieve for another year, and we spend the next season visiting Cardiff, Preston, Sunderland, Millwall, Norwich, Hull, Swansea, QPR, Stoke and Coventry.

Not Stockport, not Rochdale, not FCUOM, not Macclesfield, and not AFC Bury.

When this is all said and done and we are cleared we should sue these cunts for defamation of our name plus we should ban some of these journos from the stadium.
I still think that as a club we are too soft at times.

Someone said on here the other day that he's a United fan - apparently he even entertained Pete Boyle in an exec box at Selhurst Park at a Palace v United fixture some years back (and probably sucked his cock into the bargain!) which would explain a lot.
The way he goes on about City, there’s definitely something in this.

My good friend Simon Hill, who is still fighting the good City fight in Oz, sent me this brilliant letter, which was published in an Australian newspaper yesterday.

Dear Sirs,

Whatever the outcome of the legal battle between Man City and the Premier League, we should not lose sight of the risible rules that govern football investment ("Man City facing relegation for 115 breaches of rules, Feb 7"). The case for a regulator has been made on the basis that asset stripping owners must be stopped from ruining clubs and communities. Yet, in Manchester, we have two models.

At Manchester United, owners have championed extractive investment on an industrial scale, with a leveraged buyout and no investment in the ground, facilities or training - never mind the locality or community.

At Manchester City, the owners have spent their own money, not just on the club and players but on a whole infrastructure, which has transformed East Manchester and extended well beyond football.

The Premier League is oblivious to the first model and desperate to stop the second. I hope City win its case, but whatever the upshot there is something deeply wrong about the governance of football.

Alun Francis
Manchester.

Alun - whoever you are, I salute you.

I still can't quite believe this timeline.

It made sense when Stefan was talking about appeals going up to the high courts, but for a PL panel? It just doesn't really hold up.

I don't think it can be overstated how bad it would look for the Premier League to be in 2027 arguing about things that happened in 2008 from an investigation that started in 2018.
CAS took five months to get from commence of proceedings in February 2020 to award on July 2020. Can't see this stage in the process taking that long, honestly.

But then there is the appeal and the court action, if reason can be found. Anybody's guess if it gets to court, I suppose.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.