PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

I total agree and it would be incredibly unlikely but at the same time the PL are risking a hell of a lot on what?

Something the club are not aware of?
I'm not sure that the PL are risking as much as some people think with this action. It has the feel of a "free hit" for them, just as it did when UEFA tried to do us. If they're being pushed into it by certain clubs and they have a flimsy case that collapses, they can just say to those clubs that at least they tried to get us done, and that may appease those clubs enough to stop them reviving the Super League idea. As for the notion that we might go after them if we come out on top, well I'm not sure we'd want to do that. The domestic league is our bread and butter and we can ill afford to destroy it. If we win, we'd be better advised trying to effect change from within.

I actually think we've got more to lose which might sound daft as I don't believe we're guilty of any of the main charges.

I'm not sure that the PL are risking as much as some people think with this action. It has the feel of a "free hit" for them, just as it did when UEFA tried to do us. If they're being pushed into it by certain clubs and they have a flimsy case that collapses, they can just say to those clubs that at least they tried to get us done, and that may appease those clubs enough to stop them reviving the Super League idea. As for the notion that we might go after them if we come out on top, well I'm not sure we'd want to do that. The domestic league is our bread and butter and we can ill afford to destroy it. If we win, we'd be better advised trying to effect change from within.

I actually think we've got more to lose which might sound daft as I don't believe we're guilty of any of the main charges.
I disagree. I would say that calling a very proud member of the Abu Dhabi royal family a crook is a very dangerous and stupid thing to do. I expect some repercussions.

Has this been posted yet?

Thought it was really good summary

If you haven't watched and you're concerned then I highly recommend that you do.

Everytime one of the usual suspects says we're going to be relegated and/or players will leave and we won't be able to attract players - watch it.

The standard of proof is really high and I don't think a 3 man panel can confidently conclude that City cooked the books for 9 years and multiple accounting companies and auditors failed to spot it. It's a ludicrous charge.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.