PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Given the new announcement regarding ESL, Perhaps the prem are pushing ahead to stop the hateful 8 from backing it. If the prem can nobble us to appease them?

I appreciate the ESL replaces the champs league but how long would it really be before the domestic leagues suffered.

I don't see any troubles with the idea of a new super league, BUT it's the major broadcasters SKY/BT running the witch hunt because of fear they will not be the chosen broadcaster, united and sky did the mini riot and plugged the hate that the super league was taking football away from the normal fans ? Funny that it was them 2 that did the same thing in 1992 and took the free to air football away

City refused to cooperate with the UEFA investigator as they accused him of leaking information, they went to CAS to ask that due to UEFA breaking their confidentiality rules the investigation should end, the case failed but the view was that they had gone to CAS expecting to loose knowing it would highlight the leaking for the big CAS case
The fine for non-cooperation that UEFA levied was £50M but CAS reduced it to 10 as they accepted City's reluctance to cooperate but since City had admitted to it they had no option to fine them guilty but considerably reduce the fine
OK, so have they refused to cooperate with the PL investigation for a similar reason?

Any trial/process under Civil Law is based on the principles equity and natural justice and there are 5 pillars of natural justice.
The 5 pillars of natural justice basically your rights, are; Notification (of charges), Preparation (time to prepare), Representation (in this case Lord Pannick KC), Presentation (present your case) and Appeal (if unhappy with the outcome).
You would have to notify someone in advance of the charges - ergo you couldn't turn up on the day with fresh charges.

Thanks for this. However, with regards to pillar 1 it seems concerning that, if I'm reading it right, they can leave the charge so broad right up until the point of hearing? IE they could pull out 'leaked emails' or a witness which we don't know at this point exists or they're in receipt of. Wouldn't that leave us exposed with regards to the second pillar you've mentioned (preparation).

Apologies if what I'm asking doesn't make the sense I think it does, trying to word it the best way I can.

Its intresting that he says if City are found guilty clubs may decide to sue because they missed out on European competition.
Surely if that happens then the dippers should be sued by all clubs that missed out on European qualification during the ban in the 80s
Yep. It’s a shame they’re untouchable.

Thanks for this. However, with regards to pillar 1 it seems concerning that, if I'm reading it right, they can leave the charge so broad right up until the point of hearing? IE they could pull out 'leaked emails' or a witness which we don't know at this point exists or they're in receipt of. Wouldn't that leave us exposed with regards to the second pillar you've mentioned (preparation).

Apologies if what I'm asking doesn't make the sense I think it does, trying to word it the best way I can.

There is no way anyone can prepare a defence based on the statement issued by the PL. So I am guessing the club has known the detail of the charges for a while already. Their surprise at the statement was at timing, I would imagine, not content.

When Carragher is giving Richards a tough time on this, Richards needs to turn it round on Carragher and ask him how ashamed he was of Liverpool for what they did with City's scouting database. That happened and is proven. The media brushed it under the carpet, but we don't have to. I like Micah but I doubt he'd rock the boat by doing it, which is a shame as his colleagues are shameless.
Both on the the field and off it Micah is a pussycat albeit a likable one.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.