PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Or C they know they'll lose but can turn round to the clubs pushing and the government looking to take their powers away and say we did what we could.

They could have done that the day after the CAS verdict. Could have closed the investigation there and then. Even keeping it open another couple of years, they could have closed it based on the cas verdict alone, taking a bit longer to get there.

If there is one thing this almost certainly is not, it is some token appear to have investigated and tried but failed posturing attempt. And neither was Uefa's shot at it, which people also claimed at the time.

I can't help but wonder how the respective UK and Abu Dhabi governments are viewing this? Nobody is going to tell me that they won't be keeping an eye on it, given the potential of the PL to blunder unwittingly into a result that could seriously embarrass CFG, ADUG and, by association, the Abu Dhabi state in terms of how its agents conduct their financial business.

Something nagging?

If the Premier League have us bang to rights, why do they even need an independent commission to seal the deal?

Why extend us that courtesy, is it the chain of rule book procedure?

I don't understand why the Premier League would want to run the risk of their own findings being dismissed out of hand?

Especially so, when City are the ones who have been pushing for four years for our name to be cleared by an independent panel?

Something doesn't smell right, I had the same sense prior to CAS that a piecemeal arrangement had already been weighted in our favour?
It’s the rulebook Tolmie. Nothing to worry about.

Last edited:
They could have done that the day after the CAS verdict. Could have closed the investigation there and then. Even keeping it open another couple of years, they could have closed it based on the cas verdict alone, taking a bit longer to get there.

If there is one thing this almost certainly is not, it is some token appear to have investigated and tried but failed posturing attempt. And neither was Uefa's shot at it, which people also claimed at the time.
Don't think anyone can know for sure either way to be honest. Especially as they can be pretty certain of hedging their bets with a big non coperation fine.

Something nagging?

If the Premier League have us bang to rights, why do they even need an independent commission to seal the deal?

Why extend us that courtesy, is it the chain of rule book procedure?

I don't understand why the Premier League would want to run the risk of their own findings being dismissed out of hand?

Especially so, when City are the ones who have been pushing for four years for our name to be cleared by an independent panel?

Something doesn't smell right, I had the same sense prior to CAS that a piecemeal arrangement had already been weighted in our favour?
That's the procedure in the PL handbook. Got to follow it or we go to court. Unless you play in red of course, in which case it can be safely ignored.

Fans of Wimbledon, Coventry and Luton would like this. My brother-in-law's family are all big Coventry City fans and detest Liverpool to this day for them having missed out on Europe in 1987/88.
One other upside to this is if there was a lawsuit against LFC by those clubs it would delay the sale of the club thereby keeping FSG there and pissing off the dippers fanbase whilst pitting other members of the hateful 8 against the dippers

We could even suggest to those clubs that we would financially support them with a crack legal team that FFP cant even touch

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.