PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Yeah, I’m working on the idea that the PL saw that the CAS ruling did not destroy UEFA, so a copy of that case with what seems to be the same evidence, won’t destroy them either.
Their preferred outcome is simply more reputational damage to City, and more nonsense about how we ‘got away with it’ on technicalities and the fact we could hire the best lawyers.
The lawyer thing is interesting though. Any fan of any club would agree that if you want to win trophies and leagues you hire the best, and usually most expensive players, so why hiring the best and most expensive lawyers to win a trial/investigation which could ruin your club is suspicious is beyond me.
The PL pick their lawyers from the same pot as City do (as did UEFA) and yet they never acknowledge that. Strange, very strange.

£10 Billion investment into our skint economy and the PL basically accuse senior Members of the investors Royal family and government of being dishonest and underhand.. would this not lead to potential criminal charges and a diplomatic issue and the 10 Bill off the table?? Am genuinely confused at just what the PL hope to gain.
Not sure the PL are up to anything really other than following the rules for the agreed process. It is the club that is withholding information so we can present it to the independent committee, clearly not trusting the people involved in the actual investigation, so I am not sure what else the PL could have done but charge the club for the things that weren't contested with documentation and other evidence.

So we go to the committee. All seems uncontroversial to me.

£10 Billion investment into our skint economy and the PL basically accuse senior Members of the investors Royal family and government of being dishonest and underhand.. would this not lead to potential criminal charges and a diplomatic issue and the 10 Bill off the table?? Am genuinely confused at just what the PL hope to gain.

Could you imagine the fallout if the UAE suddenly decides to pull the plug on the UK, the shit storm it would create, £10 billion investment with probably more to come, heads would fall off, just a simple statement, you don't believe or trust us, we go elsewhere.

Common sense. Any punishment would have to have an element of precedence in the sporting arena and they will want to ensure they cannot be taken to court on the basis of hugely exceeding such guidance. Also, what other investors would put money into a sport whereby it could be lost overnight on the whim of a governing body, it would kill the sport.
Agreed. Let's hope the PL come to their senses because they appear to be acting like a stooge for The Shits and The Dippers.

Could you imagine the fallout if the UAE suddenly decides to pull the plug on the UK, the shit storm it would create, £10 billion investment with probably more to come, heads would fall off, just a simple statement, you don't believe or trust us, we go elsewhere.
Have they completed that offshore wind farm yet?

Same as CAS, I get the impression they have charged us with what they can without any co-operation from the club.

And like CAS we will present evidence for each charge that the committee will have to accept.

I seem to be the only one on the whole forum who is pretty relaxed about all this and not at all concerned by stories of accounting fraud and misleading auditors.

So I am probably wrong. :)
I'm the same,

City refused to give UEFA their evidence as they said UEFA had a leak, which we know they did,

if I'm not mistaken that's why City wanted to go to CAS with the evidence even though some of it was time barred and ended up not required

They opened the investigation the same time as UEFA, no? I suppose they could have closed it after CAS, but I guess they were put under pressure to test the time-barred elements and one or two other things they don't like / understand in the hope something sticks. I doubt it will.

I could see that, entirely possible. Having beem pushed to look at it though, and having spent 4 years looking at it, for them not to align their conclusions with the now documented cas verdict, they must think they have something worth slinging and hoping it sticks, is all I am saying. I just can not accept the belief that they, along with their lawyers, would put themselves in a position of putting charges out that they knew were a waste of time. Not 100+ of them, and not with the fallout on their whole product, the league.

Its intresting that he says if City are found guilty clubs may decide to sue because they missed out on European competition.
Surely if that happens then the dippers should be sued by all clubs that missed out on European qualification during the ban in the 80s
Hard to make the corporate entity Liverpool FC legally accountable for the criminal behaviour of some of its fans - and Chelsea fans :)

I admit I don't KNOW anything, but I am a fan of conspiracy theories. I wonder if some of the alleged contraventions are relatively minor and, if proved, would merit nothing more than a fine. However, the PL MAY have decided to let the years role by with repeated occurrences until announcing "CITY BROKE THE RULES 110 TIMES", thereby allowing them to display their authority and justify a tougher penalty.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.