PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Could you imagine the fallout if the UAE suddenly decides to pull the plug on the UK, the shit storm it would create, £10 billion investment with probably more to come, heads would fall off, just a simple statement, you don't believe or trust us, we go elsewhere.
Perfectly happy to take their cash for BAE Systems fighters and drones. Warton and Samlesbury would be fucked without middle east custom. Could easily go to Eurofighter or The States instead.

Don't think anyone can know for sure either way to be honest. Especially as they can be pretty certain of hedging their bets with a big non coperation fine.

I'll add to that, that we Can actually know for sure. At least with Uefa's side of it, which I compared to it. From Letreme's latest comments, which show clearly they didn't just posture investigating us with the knowledge they would fail to fend off pressure from the cartel, they genuinely wanted to do us in, and believed they could. I know you are talking about the PL, and I accept that, but I am applying the same logic to both.

I could see that, entirely possible. Having beem pushed to look at it though, and having spent 4 years looking at it, for them not to align their conclusions with the now documented cas verdict, they must think they have something worth slinging and hoping it sticks, is all I am saying. I just can not accept the belief that they, along with their lawyers, would put themselves in a position of putting charges out that they knew were a waste of time. Not 100+ of them, and not with the fallout on their whole product, the league.
I suppose for their own process, they can't just rely on some other process. I think they need to finalise their own process to their own satisfaction. But we aren't cooperating, so we move to the "independent" committee.

£10 Billion investment into our skint economy and the PL basically accuse senior Members of the investors Royal family and government of being dishonest and underhand.. would this not lead to potential criminal charges and a diplomatic issue and the 10 Bill off the table?? Am genuinely confused at just what the PL hope to gain.
The powers that be/media are quite conflicted about inward investment though aren't they? Sure, we need the money and they love the money, but they can't help insulting foreign investors at the same time because it offends their sense of superiority. Especially where soft power is concerned. The phrase sportswashing says it all....it basically says 'your money must be dirty, even though energy is a perfectly legitimate business that makes the world go around, and you're so desperate to impress us and we're so important you're laundering your money through football clubs to impress us'.

Look how when Rwanda started sponsoring Arsenal people were mortified, couldn't accept it's a fast growing economy, and wanted to define Rwanda entirely by the war...which they never would've done if it had been a Visit Croatia campaign. And take Qatar, all the criticism at the World Cup conveniently left out all the high street businesses that Qatar owns or is invested in...don't see anyone protesting outside Sainsbury's or Heathrow do you? Because it wasn't about human rights, really - even though we should defend human rights universally, (which we don't, I'd be amazed if anyone complains about mass killings, mass incarceration, Roe Vs Wade or gives a second thought to the use of prison labour and the conditions they work and live under when the US World Cup's on.

So I doubt anybody is arsed about the diplomatic element. They just want to please American investors, make the league more ''competitive' by hobbling us, and punish us for having the temerity to go from being a badly run club to a relatively well run club because our success makes insecure people feel bad.

Last edited:
I could see that, entirely possible. Having beem pushed to look at it though, and having spent 4 years looking at it, for them not to align their conclusions with the now documented cas verdict, they must think they have something worth slinging and hoping it sticks, is all I am saying. I just can not accept the belief that they, along with their lawyers, would put themselves in a position of putting charges out that they knew were a waste of time. Not 100+ of them, and not with the fallout on their whole product, the league.
That's the thing they can't align it with the CAS verdict as the time barred evidence City have wasn't presented

The EPL want to see this evidence and this is what this is really about, seeing what City have to refute the EPLs claims, once that's looked at this whole thing falls apart and City know it hence

"we look forward to putting this thing to bed once and for all"

£10 Billion investment into our skint economy and the PL basically accuse senior Members of the investors Royal family and government of being dishonest and underhand.. would this not lead to potential criminal charges and a diplomatic issue and the 10 Bill off the table?? Am genuinely confused at just what the PL hope to gain.
Tell us there’s no independent regulator and the case dies???

That's the thing they can't align it with the CAS verdict as the time barred evidence City have wasn't presented

The EPL want to see this evidence and this is what this is really about, seeing what City have to refute the EPLs claims, once that's looked at this whole thing falls apart and City know it hence

"we looked forward to putting this thing to bed once and for all"

They have all the files from the cas case

That's my own gut feeling.

If we take out all the conspiracy theories, the only one which makes sense is that any smoking gun would have been used in a period where we left Liverpool crying in to their beer.

It's a CAS re-run in all but name, with some of the timelines being widened to achieve a better outcome?

For who, that is the question!

I'm encouraged by the timing, as it has also been done to impact us in the title race, which again smacks of desperation, rather than a gotcha moment.

Four years, and both sides not wanting the details of the investigation in the public domain?

What do they call it in the States? Double Jeopardy, no?

We have three strikes and you're out here!

Yep double jeopardy.. cannot try a party for the same crime twice.. you get 1 shot.

But what really is most concerning is do we have a route to appeal in courts?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.