PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Do the premier league realise that they are accusing khaldoon, an Emirati Government official, of lying, deceit and fraud?

And do the premier league really know that they have accused the deputy prime minister of the UAE, Sheikh Mansour, of the same thing AND are accusing him of allowing the cooking of the books, lying, fraud, falsyfying accounts?

I mean, just read that and think wtf have the premier league done!

This is going to turn very messy i think.
It won't harm their election chances.

I’ve just missed a connecting flight so found myself with 8 hours to spare in Heathrow so I did some reading up on the full suite of charges. I’m a qualified accountant by trade but by no means an expert at this type of stuff. In my mind the charges all boil down to two overarching accusations:

1. Knowingly falsifying accounts for 9 years - essentially the backbone of the accusation and one of the most difficult things in civil law to prove. Hard to put into words quite how significant this claim is (volume of people involved and consequence) but the severity of the claim requires a suite of evidence that is just cannot imagine the PL being able to attain or prove. The knock on effect of this claim, if true, wouldn’t stop with football related charges but would spill well beyond that.

While not totally watertight the CAS verdict here is a very good indicator of the evidence seemingly available for this claim. While most people dismiss the CAS verdict because they think it’s mainly a time barred verdict, this isn’t actually entirely true and there are very clear outcomes within it that address this accusation, and determine that the evidence does not support such a claim.

2. Failure to comply appropriately. Not something to worry about for me. The club does have a right to provide things in a way it sees fit so it could well be that what the PL have requested is unreasonable. Equally you cannot provide things that do not exist. The independent committee will request evidence from both sides as they see fit to determine No.1 and the consequence of No.2 will be lost in the noise to prove No.1.

Most of the charges seem to sit in various guises under No.1 will a section for No.2. I wouldn’t want to go on record but based on the evidence leaked to date, the verdict of CAS, and the severity of the accusation, I feel like a strong set of lawyers will eat this particular set of allegations up. But let’s see…
I think your first point is a good, simplified breakdown on what the main charge is.

All I’m wary about is if they’ve got a secret whistleblower ready to blow the case open, which I’d highly doubt. I’m speaking as if City are guilty and hiding the truth, which I don’t think is the case.

There’s some very smart people on here and from the information I’ve gathered from the past two days, I’d say we’ll be cleared for the more serious charges and we’ll be hit with some charges relating to failing to cooperate with the investigation.

One thing that does pop up into my mind is the Prem have possibly created the biggest story line regarding one of their own football clubs for years, six times champions in fact. Is their evidence anymore damning than UEFA’s or are they playing the same game as them by causing more damage to our reputation while also hoping some of shit thrown at us ends up sticking? If the answer is the latter, questions need to be asked who is behind their motive. After all, they will have done serious damage to their own reputation if City prove we’ve done nothing wrong.

Do the premier league realise that they are accusing khaldoon, an Emirati Government official, of lying, deceit and fraud?

And do the premier league really know that they have accused the deputy prime minister of the UAE, Sheikh Mansour, of the same thing AND are accusing him of allowing the cooking of the books, lying, fraud, falsyfying accounts?

If Khaldoon had been Saudi,and his name "Prince Bone saw".

We would not be getting this shit for sure.

Our crime is being owned by the wrong Arabs,decent respectable ones.

Very messy indeed, for the PL.
And I shall enjoy every millisecond of watching them cunts crash and burn while MCFC prevail once again

Mate, seriously, unless you're fishing, I expected better of you.

This meeting is fuck all to do with current events. It's a meeting that happens at least 3 times a year.

The Mail are turning into something it isn't. Awful, incendiary, tribalistic shite.

Edit... Apologies, just seen your recent posts.
Aye, he's realised now but tonights meeting has been discussed all week.

"Guess who's coming to dinner" or what

This

Yes but the fuckers who have created this situation are probably getting plenty of support , atm from the sly fuckers who want us out of the way .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.