PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

That’s exactly what I said to all the scousers in work yesterday, at some point the penny will drop and they will realise the true implications of what they have stated, this is so much more than Manchester City now.

Scousers in work?

Fuck me, the world really is a fucked up place right now.

Stefan made some very interesting points in his latest podcast.

Firstly, it’s inexplicable, given the time frames, that we could not sit down in a room with the boffins in the PL and not arrive at some sort of deal that saved the face of both parties, and saved millions and millions in the process.

Secondly, given the magnitude, gravity and complexity of the allegations, and everything that this sort of case brings with it in terms of evidence and witnesses, a 3 member PL panel is completely ill-equipped to deal with the demands of such a case.

Thirdly, and very importantly, if (and I emphasise if) we are found to have falsified information, then the biggest losers are we, the diehard fans. Our Board has stewardship over the management of the club. They owe a duty to us to manage the affairs of City in a manner that ensures we, as fans, can enjoy the fruits of their labour.

When I consider all of this, I’m not normally a conspiracy theorist. I don’t believe that Michael Jackson and Elvis are hanging out in some dark dingy bar in Tennessee.

However, the timing of this announcement, the manner in which was announced (complete with journalist tipoff), the vague sweeping nature of the charges, and the nature of the current leadership of the PL, leads me to a conclusion that we have been well and truly set up.
So is it a set up or is there a face saving deal to be had? It can’t, realistically, be both.

Us the fans have had the times of our lives.

Exactly. Much as we don't want to admit it, City are small fry in all if this, a minor investment in the grander scheme of things.

Reputational damage extends beyond the Club and I don't believe the Premier League have truly digested what the ramifications are for years to come.

I suspect Khaldoon and Sheikh Mansour will want to be heard personally by these spunk bubble fuck-wits.
"I suspect Khaldoon and Sheikh Mansour will want to be heard personally by these spunk bubble fuck-wits."

I would expect no other,the hornets nest has been well and truly disturbed.

The aim here is all out corporate damage. The hope that sponsors walk and we can’t attract. The hope that Pep walks, players want away, transfer targets think twice….

I’ve little doubt the punishment will be 2-3 years of transfer bans and relegation meaning no CL, no CL revenues and no big players coming and many wanting away.

We have a huge fight on our hands sadly as I don’t see anyone coming to fight our corner here.

The more time passes, and the more we find out, it is looking increasingly clear that the realistic sanctions are nothing like as severe as originally mooted.
Surely you're not overly surprised?

Each time the various twats go for us it's always inflated.

There maybe bits & bobs we've done wrong/twisted by 'The Man' and some sort of action but sensationalist shite sells papers, gets us a bad reputation etc.

Obviously I have no insider knowledge but I'd be more than shocked if this ended up with anything more other than a small fine if that.

Wrong, if they ignore clear and obvious evidence then the PL is &ucked legally.
I really want to believe you but no matter how professional these panel members are they will have biases like we all do. I just can’t see how they will rule against those who instruct them. The same as how unsurprisingly UEFAs panel sided with them.

I really want to believe you but no matter how professional these panel members are they will have biases like we all do. I just can’t see how they will rule against those who instruct them. The same as how unsurprisingly UEFAs panel sided with them.
It's gone way past that stage, this is now a fight for the serious players, hence Lord Pannick, and as Tolmie has hinted, a guest appearance by no other than HRH Sheik Mansour, I would love to be a fly on the wall when he rocks up in his Saville Row finest and some no mark from the PL accuses him off cooking the books, a true popcorn moment.

Lets be honest, we will never be innocent in the eyes of the media and most people, if we get off it will be because we had 240,000 lawyers or we bought people off.
That's the general view of a Middlesboro fan at work. He can't believe that this would happen if there weren't something there (ergo, we must be guilty).

And that the only reason CAS didn't charge us was because of time-barring.
And that we will just pay them off again this time.

He's normally quite intelligent when it comes to work...

Every file,email from the "evidence" should be forensically checked for creation date and IP address.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.