PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

This is a forum and everyone is entitled to their opinion.

I think a lot of people on here are not aware how serious some of these charges are and the consequences IF we are ultimately found guilty.

This , again in my opinion, has gone way past certain "historical" clubs and jealousy.

By taking this huge step, the Premier League have passed the point of no return, and if they have made a huge error in judgment they are legally screwed and it will cost them 100s of millions in damages because our "brand" has suffered a huge damaging blow, and that is fact.
Lets be honest, we will never be innocent in the eyes of the media and most people, if we get off it will be because we had 240,000 lawyers or we bought people off.

if those irregularities exist in 2022, why didn’t they exist previously in every financial year when the PL checked our accounts?
And if they did, why didn’t the PL act on them at the time?
Because 10 years ago we'd only won one PL title, this investigation appears to have started around the time of the 100 points season, which probably set alarm bells ringing at the red-shirted clubs.

That's how it was.

The rules were changed after we submitted and we took the pinch, because we were assured it was just enough red meat to keep the wolves from the door, but it was a lie, the wolves have been at us ever since.

City cannot win this as we've already lost, global football is global brand and our brand is in the toilet. We might win this case some ways down the line, but what will we have lost in the meantime?

As I've said, the process is the punishment.

The process is absolutely the punishment.

We can only hope that we have so much dirt on others and that we are willing to come out all guns blazing here.

I hate to break it to you and others mate, but these history clubs don't pay the media.

They don't need any help or motivation to write shit about City.

We are simply gatecrashers to a closed shop and that familiarity with them means clicks mean pounds for them.

A generation of brain washed gimps, trying to smear City's achievements and ensure the current and next generations aren't Blues.

Clear and obvious...
its as simple as that and the fear is a beautiful smell

That's how it was.

The rules were changed after we submitted and we took the pinch, because we were assured it was just enough red meat to keep the wolves from the door, but it was a lie, the wolves have been at us ever since.

City cannot win this as we've already lost, global football is global brand and our brand is in the toilet. We might win this case some ways down the line, but what will we have lost in the meantime?

As I've said, the process is the punishment.
A bit negative I think with respect to the global brand. Most of the world will give as much notice to reputational damage to the City brand as they have to the American European sanctions on Russia.
While I accept the process which is insidious and it appears infinite is a nuisance it is the punishment which is the real concern. That could derail the project and as far as the red scum are concerned nail us permanently back in our box.

I sincerely think this way way more serious mate. What is it 112 charges?
If found guilty (and there is no CAS) we could loose our prem status. In fact I believe we will. also those titles will go to the scum and the victims.
I think you need to read a bit more of the thread mate it might enhance your knowledge which is if I might say a bit threadbare.

Why should it take years?

It a simple matter, did we commit fraud, we say we have irrefutable evidence, show the evidence and if it's true we are cleared.
The PL had 4 years to build their case. Why shouldnt City be afforded adequate time to defend themselves and address each charge?

I think you need to read a bit more of the thread mate it might enhance your knowledge which is if I might say a bit threadbare.
In fairness, there are only a few posters who seems to have any insight into this.
The majority of the 908 pages are just full of "we will be fine" or " we are fucked" posts, mine included ha

I can only assume that the Premier League have an informant from within the club, whether it be a former backroom staff member, player etc that can back up their charges against the club.

I cannot believe they can prove any of the charges they have levied against us other than the “Noncooperation” without such a back up.
This might explain why the normal inspection of our accounts each year were passed.

If this scenario exists - then it adds more credence to their charges and City will need to discredit such evidence.

Unless that "back-up" has actual evidence of how any misdemeanours were accounted for, then it's hearsay.

Even if a player, let's say, was being paid some money from AD and he has the bank statements to prove it, it doesn't mean that the payments weren't accounted for properly in the accounting. And even if they weren't, it wouldn't mean the annual accounts were fraudulent or didn't give a true and fair view as one player wouldn't be material. It would probably breach PL disclosure rules and would mis-state the information used for FFP calculations but, unless they have 10, 20 or 30 of these "back-ups" lined up they couldn't show it wasn't an exceptional case.

Personally, I think it is unlikely they have any "back-up" and if they have a problem with how we pay players, it's probably to do with image rights as a construct, for example, rather than how we handled individual players.

Because the process will ensure that it does.

This isn't like an arm wrestling contest, over in moments, the strongest the winner. This is akin to war, where a sequence of long and costly battles are fought, leading eventually, over time, to a victor.

Looks to me as if the PL don't have a smoking gun to win this quickly, so they've piled the accusations high in the hope that a few might stick. Everything about this tells me there's been a complete breakdown in the relationship between City and the PL. Be under no illusion, there's real hate in all this, as there should be, there's hundreds and hundreds of millions in revenue at stake here.

If ever there was a case for an independent football regulator to bang heads it's this, it's no coincidence this case was brought before we have one.
Just out of interest, would an independent regulator be able to look back at previous...shenanigans...that might involve the behaviour of...the PL itself...?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.