PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

I thought it was a legal requirement for companies to report any evidence of fraud discovered to the police? So if the PL believe they have the evidence why has it not been raised formally to the authorities?
We really don't know what has been done, I suspect what is holding this whole thing up is the legality of how the information was obtained, irrespective of any guilt.

Far too many on this thread need to do the following:
• stop buying newspapers
• listen to music on the radio instead of talkSPORT
• Stay off twitter.
• No podcasts.

Honestly it’ll be better for your health, sit back and let the most well organised and best run club in world football handle it.
It’s a fair point. Gave up papers and Talksport long ago. Twitter is also full of attention seekers.

Football thought should be enjoyed so it grates that a total sports media blackout is necessary. But never mind.

If I could ask @projectriver one question it would be does the fact that CAS found us largely innocent count for anything with the PL panel when they look at the same charges? If not why not?
Doesn’t count for much aside from gave them a dry run albeit with less documents. But the principles and difficult of proving the case for the PL is as hard on this one as it was for UEFA

The baying mob has been enlivened by the recent ruling by the PL with regards to Everton. The stupids are speculating what will happen to City mostly based on no knowledge.

Interesting thought though, if City were guilty or there was at least a small chance we were going to receive a heavy sanction I would expect the following to have happened or be happening...

1. Haaland would not have signed for us.
2. Haaland would have asked to leave.
3. As above for other players.
4. Pep would have left.
5. Sponsors would be running for the hills.
6. We would have put stadium investment on hold.
7. Our performances would have dropped off.

In reality, the complete opposite has happened. Ignore the stupids on social media. Look at what's happening at City. City know what they have done in the past and what they going to do in the future. I believe in these guys, not some numb skulls on social media desperate for more likes and more followers.

Come on City!
Haaland signed for us before the charges, if we get a hefty sentence he will be off just like pep will be off as well, everything we have built could come tumbling down. Let's hope we come out this okay but I keep swinging between two mind sets regarding all of this one minute I think we're going to be fucked bad then I see something on here that makes me think otherwise. Let's hope we come out of it okay.

Oh dear, where do you even start with opinions like this?
View attachment 99226
When your 2nd sentence, with its 3 complete bollox lies, means you can stop reading at that point.
1. ‘The guilt’ - nope ‘no evidence’ x umpteen times
2. ‘CAS let them off’ - nope ‘no evidence’ x umpteen times
3. ‘Time barred’ - yes , a single part of it, but CAS themselves said though it was, they would have rejected it as well.

How you can be so wrong on facts in 14 words is incredible.

Haaland signed for us before the charges, if we get a hefty sentence he will be off just like pep will be off as well, everything we have built could come tumbling down. Let's hope we come out this okay but I keep swinging between two mind sets regarding all of this one minute I think we're going to be fucked bad then I see something on here that makes me think otherwise. Let's hope we come out of it okay.
You need a pint or two...or 10...

Should've stuck with swales

Far too many on this thread need to do the following:
• stop buying newspapers
• listen to music on the radio instead of talkSPORT
• Stay off twitter.
• No podcasts.

Honestly it’ll be better for your health, sit back and let the most well organised and best run club in world football handle it.
I agree with the first two and disagree with the latter two.

Twitter is what you make of it. You can easily ignore most of the noise.

Podcasts are so varied. Ignore the obvious ones and there’s a wealth of information out there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.