PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Is there no way City can do a sit down interview with Khaldoon and call the Premier League out and explain to the idiots how serious these charges are and how everything has been signed off and the sponsors have done nothing wrong. Surely sponsors are annoyed at what’s going on. Surely deep down the journalists reporting all this know the actual facts like Etihad not related party and know that it’s just mad to accuse the people at city in directly of fraud

Yes, it was pure disbelief at UEFA’s stupidity. You can image our team turning to each other:
”What the fuck. Is that it???” “Really?” “What a joke.”
As the man said: ”I just don’t believe it.”
I expect the PL to prove just as assinine.
If this is true then how on earth was it only a 2:1 majority on the CAS panel and not unanimous?

The panel in these proceedings should have no interest in football whatsoever, either themselves or anybody associated with them. After all, although these proceedings involve football clubs, they are all about finance and the rules. They don't have to have any knowledge of football at all, just the facts and figures.

Twatter's usually the place for it but if you don't do Twatter you might not know. I would say that when engaging with opposition fans in person, I don't think a single one has ever brought it up. And I include United and Liverpool fans in that.
Was asked in the pub last night by a Birmingham City fan. Told him it was all bullshit and there was no substance to the charges which seemed to accord with what he suspected. He certainly didn’t push back in any way.

What they risk is a reputation for incompetence and stubbornness which costs the member clubs money. This case could damage their credibility irreparably.
But remember they will also have lawyers who are fairly confident otherwise the charges wouldn’t be issued
Make no mistake about it this is our biggest ever battle in many a year
Hopefully we have irrefutable evidence surely our owner wouldn’t say that if he wasn’t confident of a victory
Otherwise I’m guessing if we thought we would be found guilty we would be trying to negotiate a deal

A reminder from Lord Pannick about taking on an almost certain losing case……

People think maybe I can sprinkle some magic dust on their cases – but some cases aren’t winnable. I spend much of my time saying, “Stop, you’ll lose.” Then I hear the words, “This is a matter of principle.” It’s the client’s prerogative. My role is to contribute to justice by making sure that the client’s side is fully argued.’

I would imagine for every KC that wins, there is a loser.
The opening paragraph:

Advocacy depends as much on listening as on speaking. Listen to what the other side is saying, to what the judge is saying. Watch the body language. There’s no point in ignoring the concerns of the court. There has to be a conversation with the judge. Judges don’t want to be lectured to. They are concerned to get to the right answer, and they want the advocate to help them. Contrast this with advocates who target their clients as the audience (“Fantastic – you really told the judge!”). But the purpose is to persuade, so identify what is causing the judge concern.’
is absolutely on the fucking money.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.