PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

To be fair, it does protect us, probably more than any other club in the league. Ironically, the rules that were put in place to prevent City becoming a top team has ended up being a good thing for us. Not like I want to be protected, I want other clubs to have a crack at the title. But you know what, I’m not arsed either way. We’ve been banging the drum for years, no **** has listened to us, but here we are in 2024 and finally people are starting to click on to the farce that FFP is.
It does, but it doesn’t. Because that’s the stick they keep trying to slap our ass cheeks with. It’s funny seeing it, finally woman-slapping someone else.

It's also the reference of "protecting the PL Big Six Cartel" that gets me.

Do they mean us? City have been against FFP from the start, you tits!
We just about crossed the drawbridge before the portculis was raised & slammed shut, so I suppose what was the Sky 4 has now become the big 5, plus Spuds who've done fuck all to be included aside from regular top 6 finishes, hence 5 becoming 6 to accommodate them.

We told the sporting world that FFP would enshrine the European elite, & create a glass ceiling just as intended, & they ignored us.

But here's an uncomfortable question the Sky 4 always choke on. If Sheikh Mansour had secured his original target Arseholes, & City were broke & continued to flirt with relegation every season, would FFP had seen the light of day?

Anyone recall the strong rumours 12-13 years ago that Qatar were looking to buy ManUre & the Under pressure Glazers were considering it? If that deal would've gone through, would anyone be calling the Rags an oil money club, & would FFP seen the light of day?

What about the Chavs? Abramovich made his dough from Russian oil, but who recalls them ever being called an oil money club?

It seems oil involvement in football only becomes an issue if the commodity is owned by brown people & is being spent on clubs outside the European elite. ¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠⊙⁠_⁠ʖ⁠⊙⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯

I’ve seen at least 20+ social media posts, outlets, radios, YouTube channels, fans, journalists, the whole lot, even Rat Boy, now calling for this as a negative to the game.

Well NO SHIT Sherlock.

But they all wanted it so it should fucking stay now.

They want it gone for the same reason they wanted it introduced, self interest.

To be fair, it does protect us, probably more than any other club in the league. Ironically, the rules that were put in place to prevent City becoming a top team has ended up being a good thing for us. Not like I want to be protected, I want other clubs to have a crack at the title. But you know what, I’m not arsed either way. We’ve been banging the drum for years, no **** has listened to us, but here we are in 2024 and finally people are starting to click on to the farce that FFP is.

No, you don't understand. What they mean is it's good when it stops City, but bad when it stops someone else......

Punishing clubs for ambition, protecting the established elite... Everything City fans were saying for years. Yet they all joined the pile on against City, their clubs signed letters to CAS trying to block the clubs right to appeal essentially, as I remember it. Every time City make a legal challenge, it's disingenuously criticised as nothing more than a delay tactic(mimicking Simon Jordan's clueless waffle).

It's proof a lot of the muck thrown City's way, was done in bad faith. Beneath the surface of their moral crusades against City, the real reason was they simply didn't want City being successful either. The reasons might not be exactly the same(envy of what City could become, rather than fear of losing what they have) but they didn't want City becoming another elite club just the same as the established elite didn't. They misguidedly brown-nosed United and Liverpool en masse and were willing to back anti-competitive legislation. Now some of those clubs have ambitions of their own and their fans, while criticising FFP and waking up to the fact that there is a cartel of powerful clubs wrestling for control of football after all, they still continue to lay the boot in on City. Chelsea fans are some of the least self aware(don't blame us it's City... look at City) but I still see Newcastle fans, Villa fans and Everton fans at it too.

We are still on our own in this. At least we have plenty of good memories, success, records, trophies, world class players, a legendary manager of the game who has stuck his neck out for the club multiple times in the face of adversity, home grown talent coming through from the best academy in the country, ever increasing revenues and so on. To offset some of this. Not to mention, owners who continue to invest in the infrastructure of the club, from the stadium, to the training facilities and beyond. To make sure the club continues to evolve and keep pace with the way the game is changing. As much as some of the old school fans dislike the focus on tourism and growing the overseas fanbase, it's absolutely necessary in this era of football, at the elite level(which is where we want to be/stay).

Last edited:
Usual flak flying today about 'manufactured' club, 'buying success' etc. Several EFC fans going on about City... blah blah blah. It's annoying but it's prompted me to post this newspaper cutting from 1965 which talks of Everton, Spurs & United 'buying success'. Might be useful to anyone who wants to remind rival fans:

Punishing clubs for ambition, protecting the established elite... Everything City fans were saying for years. Yet they all joined the pile on against City, their clubs signed letters to CAS trying to block the clubs right to appeal essentially, as I remember it. Every time City make a legal challenge, it's disingenuously criticised as nothing more than a delay tactic(mimicking Simon Jordan's clueless waffle).

It's proof a lot of the muck thrown City's way, was done in bad faith. Beneath the surface of their moral crusades against City, the real reason was they simply didn't want City being successful either. The reasons might not be exactly the same(envy of what City could become, rather than fear of losing what they have) but they didn't want City becoming another elite club just the same as the established elite didn't. They misguidedly brown-nosed United and Liverpool en masse and were willing to back anti-competitive legislation. Now some of those clubs have ambitions of their own and their fans, while criticising FFP and waking up to the fact that there is a cartel of powerful clubs wrestling for control of football after all, they still continue to lay the boot in on City. Chelsea fans are some of the least self aware(don't blame us it's City... look at City) but I still see Newcastle fans, Villa fans and Everton fans at it too.

We are still on our own in this. At least we have plenty of good memories, success, records, trophies, world class players, a legendary manager of the game who has stuck his neck out for the club multiple times in the face of adversity, home grown talent coming through from the best academy in the country, ever increasing revenues and so on. To offset some of this. Not to mention, owners who continue to invest in the infrastructure of the club, from the stadium, to the training facilities and beyond. To make sure the club continues to evolve and keep pace with the way the game is changing. As much as some of the old school fans dislike the focus on tourism and growing the overseas fanbase, it's absolutely necessary in this era of football, at the elite level(which is where we want to be/stay).
The whole of the football world, knew exactly what this was for.

Although it wasn’t us, but PSG that completely destabilised the market, overinflated prices, and destroyed the idea of contracts with the Neymar transfer.

We took more than a decade post takeover to splash the first 100 million transfer, and even then, most of our own transfers are within 40-80. We are spending more on infrastructure now, and have done, than we have ever spent on players, and managers.

But it’s the stupidity of pointing the on field success and cross referencing it with the world play “bought trophies“, that never fails to amaze me.

FFP is their creation, and it got to an abomination stage where the SuperLeague was required to continue to remain sustainable for most clubs. Of everyone in the SL chat, we were the best in terms of cash and debt. We still are.

I have no doubt we’ll win the spout with the PL, but i cannot see a victory without blood-shed on both sides.

Although another certainty of mine is, that within the next two years, FFP will draw so much blood from the cartel, it will be dismantled.

has anyone any idea how much we are supposed to have cheated by how much money did we pay Mancini under the table how much did Yaya get , how much did our owner but into the club all this years through illegal ways.
allegedly of course
I need some numbers to argue with my stupid Liverpool friends.
Just say to them “Yeh I know 115 is a lot of charges but it’s not like we have murdered anyone”

Usual flak flying today about 'manufactured' club, 'buying success' etc. Several EFC fans going on about City... blah blah blah. It's annoying but it's prompted me to post this newspaper cutting from 1965 which talks of Everton, Spurs & United 'buying success'. Might be useful to anyone who wants to remind rival fans:

:) Classic.

Good work.

Which newspaper is this from?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.