PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

He seems to like publicity so will say anything to get it. A bit like Michael O Leary at Ryanair when he announced they were considering standing on flights or charging to use toilets on planes. Just as an aside what hs the PL got to do with Parry, I thought he had left.

Would this also apply to time barring notwithstanding that if fraud is proven then TB can be overridden?

It means that the issue of time-barring is dealt with in accordance with the provisions applicable under English law. Accordingly, the rules relating to the limitation period apply as set out in the Limitation Act 1980.

Under those rules, the standard limitation period in a case like this is six years. However, if the PL wasn't aware that it had a cause of action owing to fraud or deliberate concealment on City's part, the limitation period starts when the PL became aware of the relevant circumstance (or when it could have done so with "reasonable diligence").

Obviously, a large number of the PL's accusations against us would appear to be outside the limitation period under the 1980 Act. One presumes, therefore, that the PL's intention is to prove deliberate concealment on the club's part in relation to those charges.

One further presumes that they'll say they became aware of the facts through the Der Spiegel revelations in November 2018. That would thus be the point at which the limitation period starts to run, so they'll be within it if their argument is accepted.

Totally agree. Swales was a big problem. When Swales bought Steve Daley for £1.4m that was totally madness. Malcom Allison during his 2nd stint has a lot to answer for too. He sold some fantastic players and bought mostly garbage.
Totally Agree, Experienced players replaced with Players Ranging from The German Second Division to Stockport County

It's difficult to know where his allegiances lie.
I'm sure it's all tickets boo.
Talk about bias.
It doesn’t include his time as a security consultant for the Qatari regime in the run-up to their World Cup or his stint as a member of the UEFA investigatory panel investigating City’s alleged FFP breaches.

Sorry - I didn't realise it was you I was replying to. The point I was (somewhat longwindedly) trying to make was that we could still be found to have breached some of the 115 charges, but not acted fraudulently or in an attempt to mislead. So maybe acted within the letter of the law but not the spirit.
This is difficult for the PL to achieve because in the absence of something to break the statute of limitations (fraud or deliberate concealment) they can’t go after very historic things.

He works for a radio staion that's equivalent to the Sunday Sport... and so anything he spouts should be put into that context....''Half man half monkey found playing tennis on the moon" sort of stuff
So, let me get this right. Are you saying that a half man half monkey didn't play tennis on the moon?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.