PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Iirc, and I may not, I don't have the handbook to hand, you can appeal the IC decision on any grounds. Everton, however, accepted the breach, but contested the sanction.

There is a next process in front of a really independent tribunal where the arbitrators are chosen by both parties, like at CAS. I think this is the one that can only be activated on very limited grounds, one being an error of law.

Which is why I am surprised they used the "legal error" wording in the finding. They have set a precedent for legal errors on their very first case ....

Or this could all be bollocks. :)
Could Everton now claim the whole approach ( avoiding use of the word process) of the PL is unsafe and irrespective of their admissions then all sanctions specifically those which impede on their results to date must be totally overturned

Slightly off topic, but in keeping with the PL witch-hunt of certain PL clubs, whilst other PL clubs billions in debt get off Scot free.

What happens next in this Premier League season?​

With the new six-point deduction determined, the Premier League can now move on to these two new cases which have to be heard by 8 April, although given that is a Monday, they are likely to be concluded the previous week.

On 8 April, there will still be six full Premier League match rounds to play, with the possibility of some rearranged games, meaning it is likely the relegation places will not have been decided.

So any decision that ends in more points deductions is virtually certain to be subject to an appeal, even as a pre-emptive strike by the clubs - and that brings the potential for chaos as there is no guarantee any appeal would be heard before the final games of the campaign on 19 May.

Those final-day fixtures include Burnley v Nottingham Forest and Arsenal v Everton.

In terms of actually playing matches, that is when the season ends. But in terms of regulation, the 2023-24 season remains 'live' until the annual general meeting in June when the relegated clubs transfer their certificates.

A 'backstop date' for the whole thing to be concluded is 24 May.

I have seen Ornsteins and Romano's feed after they tweeted the news. Im not denying its all mentioning City. My post was in response to a poster that suggested it was Everton fans all talking about Citys charges after the news broke.

We are not, we are more concerned about what the second breach means and if Forest will get hit with a big deduction. All those comments are from teams of your title rivals (or wannabe title rivals).
Presumably Ornstein is still being fed pure poison about City from his sources at the PL. Probably the same source which leaked the "Exclusive" Everton result to him. And so the smear campaign continues.

Interesting that one of the legal errors appears to be around defining 'good faith'.
It is strange that the commission apparently introduced the element of "bad faith" even though the PL didn't make such an accusation against Everton. Accusing someone of acting in "bad faith" is a huge allegation to make in any legal case. The PL have accused City of "acting in bad faith." I wonder if they have any evidence at all to back up such an accusation.

I guess bottom line is this, the Fa have to prove beyond doubt we have done wrong, we don’t have to prove our innocence

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.