PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Maybe Colin was talking about the 3rd party element involved with Ethiad?

On the balance of probability and the fact that we have a clean paper trail that was accepted at CAS I wouldn’t worry. The bit you quoted is not factual but more hearsay. Going into these processings the starting point is that the people involved are not deliberately being dishonest.

Facts will prevail, not innuendos and not out of context information not matter how it looks.
I totally get all that.

I just have this thing whizzing round my head of “why the fuck would the prem go to this extreme” without thinking they have proof?

As stefan said in the Unofficial Partner podcast….

Either way , whoever is the victor, the other is going to have to face pretty catastrophic consequences

I totally get all that.

I just have this thing whizzing round my head of “why the fuck would the prem go to this extreme” without thinking they have proof?

Either way , whoever is the victor, the other is going to have to face pretty catastrophic consequences
I think it would be a lot worse for us than the PL.

I totally get all that.

At the same point in the UEFA case...

"Why the fuck would UEFA go to this extreme" without thinking they have proof?

... but the difference then was that we had recourse to genuinely independent arbitration in CAS.

My big worry is just how independent will the IC and a second IC (appeal process) be?

I know Stefan has tried to reassure us on this point but I still worry.

Bit of Dickens...Im sure yer all familiar with...Bleak House.
replace PL V MCFC ....with...

Jarndyce and Jarndyce drones on. This scarecrow of a suit has, over the course of time, become so complicated, that no man alive knows what it means. The parties to it understand it least; but it has been observed that no two Chancery lawyers can talk about it for five minutes without coming to a total disagreement as to all the premises. Innumerable children have been born into the cause; innumerable young people have married into it; innumerable old people have died out of it. Scores of persons have deliriously found themselves made parties in Jarndyce and Jarndyce without knowing how or why; whole families have inherited legendary hatreds with the suit. The little plaintiff or defendant, who was promised a new rocking-horse when Jarndyce and Jarndyce should be settled, has grown up, possessed himself of a real horse, and trotted away into the other world. Fair wards of court have faded into mothers and grandmothers; a long procession of Chancellors has come in and gone out.

Fantastic. Timeless stuff.

Don’t really post or claim to understand the ins and outs of this , but if the independent panel find that City are guilty of fraud over a ten year accounting period , am I correct in thinking that the police will the pursue the individuals responsible ?

Don’t really post or claim to understand the ins and outs of this , but if the independent panel find that City are guilty of fraud over a ten year accounting period , am I correct in thinking that the police will the pursue the individuals responsible ?
The police, the HMRC, Trading Standards and the SFO should have done their dawn raids on the club, the personnel involved, the sponsors connected with us.
If this is fraud on an industrial scale, and believe me the twats in the press and on social media believe it is, then I can categorically say that we would have been raided by now.

It's as simple as that.

We haven't even had a text, a call or a knock on the door.

What does that tell you?

Anyone else have a bad feeling about all this? Worried?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.