PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

This is where the club’s anodyne and somewhat servile response to these charges is having real and practical effect to us as supporters.

Wouldn’t it be good if the club actually asserted themselves and took the initiative?

Act like fucking champions, rather than Uncle Toms?

Wouldn’t that be nice?

100 fucking percent.

The problem with fixed limits like that is that it will prevent any challenge to the existing order. No updating for inflation will make it harder and harder for any team to break into the elite group.

For many years, United, Liverpool, Arsenal, and Chelsea locked out the top four. That gave them access to European money and they were barely challenged without any spending restrictions in place. Over a long period they locked out the top four apart from when Everton edged Liverpool out. The rules were changed to put Liverpool back the in CL and Everton fell in the payoff round.

It was only when challenges from Spurs, City, (and later Newcastle) came in to that four that the established G14 clubs came up with FFP. It is now being used by the US owned clubs to ensure they can make money and stifle competition. Newcastle are being hidebound by FFP. Villa will probably be prevented from mounting a serious fight.

Such limits will prevent much challenge to the biggest clubs and destroy any real competition. I am sure that once these charges are dismissed, City will be happy with FFP.

That doesn’t make it right.
It's a different argument though. Even with 'football inflation' upgrading that £35m a year to £70m, it isn't going to help anyone get anywhere near to the Champions League spots on a regular basis. Keeping the limits at £105, rather than £215 is not the reason that Newcastle can't sustain a challenge.

If you want to compete, then I think a mid-table club would need to look at losses of at least £500m a year for a minimum of four/five years. You look at the money our owner had to spend, and then how different the financial situation is now, and it's absolutely scary levels of investment.

For the fans exactly. I've had the best years. The great Bell, Lee and Summerbee ones, the rollercoaster of relegations and promotions, the takeover and becoming the best team in the world. Once we beat these charges that's it, job done.
I agree mate, but the more I see the more I see us ‘legacy’ fans are being pushed away by both the league and the club. But no matter what we say or do nothing seems to change that for the people at the top.
For every one of us that protests by not going 10 are waiting to pay more to go for a day our

I agree mate, but the more I see the more I see us ‘legacy’ fans are being pushed away by both the league and the club. But no matter what we say or do nothing seems to change that for the people at the top.
For every one of us that protests by not going 10 are waiting to pay more to go for a day our

There are now yes. It won't be sustainable. If Pep leaves and we go a few years without a trophy, or God forbid these charges stick they'll melt away. Us real legacy fans are at least in our sixties and above, when we go who fills the void?

Last edited:
What does acting like Champions actually look like… in my lifetime the precedent has been Liverpool, the Rags or Arsenal and they’ve all been gloating wankers. We are far more classy.
I think what some mean puff our chest out we are Manchester City the fucking champions and we are at the moment the Alpha male the rest need to know there place,and be a bit more proactive,the media for a start who I couldn’t give too fucks about ban whoever steps out of line and don’t make it a couple of months start with 2-3 years that includes sky,tnt and whoever try’s to belittle the club or make disparaging remarks fuck them time for an iron fist ..

There are now yes. It won't be sustainable. If Pep leaves and we go a few years without a trophy, or God forbid these charges stick they'll melt away. Us real legacy fans are at least in our sixties and above, when we go who fills the void?
Pep won’t be going yet,he’s not klopp he has free reign which is keeping him energised in my opinion and that’s even if we do the treble again..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.