PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Yes :)

Well, they are trying .....
My point to the other poster was that he said he thought we had settled with Fordham in 2014; if that inferred there was a problem that was put right in 2014 and the premier league cunts were going back earlier than 2014 then might we have an issue with it?

You'll have to take that up with @projectriver

His timetable is longer than that and he's giving a full year for an appeal to be completed. Sounds crazy but look how long it is since we were charged and still no date for the hearing.
Even crazier when you consider how long they've been "investigating" our breaches.

Sounds like affectively a related party transaction and off the books payment. I think what we are accused of doing wrong. No city fan should be saying stuff like that we should be maintaining innocence.

I always assumed the payments where entirely separate and justified after all the other club is not part of CFG
I am not saying there are related party transactions or off the book payments. It's a split salary under two separate contracts. I don't see any problem with that as long as the amounts involved can be justified under both contracts. I would imagine that the club got legal and tax clearance before signing anyway.

It's apparent from the emails that the club was involved in negotiating the contracts and, it seems, in some payments. We can't pretend the implications of the emails don't exist. They have to be covered by the defence. But none of that bothers me particularly.

When I was getting a split salary, I wasn't negotiating separately with the three group companies. I negotiated with one, the lead company, and they handled the rest with the other companies. It's all normal to me.

All imho, of course. Feel free to disagree.

On Nick Ferrari LBC this morning he had Jonathan Ashworth and they got onto talking about Leicester being charged (Leicester fan and MP). Of course they came out with 'What about Man City'. Had to laugh.
Ashworth is from Salford isn't he & was parachuted into Leicester. It might just be politically expedient to claim he's a Leicester fan, that's of he's even said he is one.

The most commercially successful football league on the planet will not benefit from the dead hand of government regulation.

What's required is genuinely independent arbitration, (CAS for example) to prevent the stitch up that might be coming our way from the 'Independent' Commission that will try our case.
The independent regulator is independent their powers are set by an act of parliament its downs time a that the government of the day will interfere
CAS is an arbitration service
The PL independent commission is appointed by the PL and will consist of at least 2 KCs who will consider the evidence from both parties much like CAS

A contract with a manager is not anything to do with related parties or am I missing something?

If we were negotiating the contract on behalf of Al Jazira with him and there were transactions or agreements between the two it’d be pretty hard to argue they shouldn’t have been considered a related party.

I think the main argument the PL will have and we’ll have to justify is the negotiation around the 2011 one as the emails did indicate his salary at Al Jazira had a bearing on the salary he got with us (as in we effectively treated it as one total package).

I am not saying there are related party transactions or off the book payments. It's a split salary under two separate contracts. I don't see any problem with that as long as the amounts involved can be justified under both contracts. I would imagine that the club got legal and tax clearance before signing anyway.

It's apparent from the emails that the club was involved in negotiating the contracts and, it seems, in some payments. We can't pretend the implications of the emails don't exist. They have to be covered by the defence. But none of that bothers me particularly.

When I was getting a split salary, I wasn't negotiating separately with the three group companies. I negotiated with one, the lead company, and they handled the rest with the other companies. It's all normal to me.

All imho, of course. Feel free to disagree.

That’s exactly the potential issue though as your scenario is all within the same group. If Al Jazira was part of the CFG and his contract was negotiated by them on behalf of City and Al Jazira then that would have been fine (as long as the City side of it wasn’t deliberately undervalued).

That’s exactly the potential issue though as your scenario is all within the same group. If Al Jazira was part of the CFG and his contract was negotiated by them on behalf of City and Al Jazira then that would have been fine (as long as the City side of it wasn’t deliberately undervalued).
Possibly, but in the grand scheme of things that is such a small amount of money it's clutching at straws.

Possibly, but in the grand scheme of things that is such a small amount of money it's clutching at straws.

Yeah I agree. Like I said even if they do pull us up on it and we don’t have a valid defence it really should be just a slap on the wrists.

I do think it’s only small fry what the PL potentially actually has on us though.

Yeah I agree. Like I said even if they do pull us up on it and we don’t have a valid defence it really should be just a slap on the wrists.

I do think it’s only small fry what the PL potentially actually has on us though.
If what they 'have on us' is true then nearly everyone in the club hierarchy and several major accounting firms are looking at prison time. For that reason and the shoddy assembly of the charges I think it's bollocks.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.