PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

No one knows how this will go from the outside but look at the mood music that’s out there. If City’s execs did what they did in mass industrial strength fraud surely this is a criminal matter and the top people in the company would be seeing inside of a court room. Our COO over much of this period City are accused of is soon to be the new CEO of United. It would be extremely negligent of United to hire someone as CEO who could be implicated in a criminal investigation, if City were up to it Omar Barata knows where all the bodies are buried.

Do City look like a club preparing for life in the national league? You don’t go ahead with spending £300 million on a new stand and hotel, Mansour has money but he won’t throw it away paying for things that won’t see a return.

Then you have Etihad floating as a public company, if they didn’t want to see the paper trail of Mansour shoving money in at the other end why would they risk that by going down the PLC route.

The Premier League concluded its investigation in Feb 2023, which included payments to Mancini from a football club in the UAE. Mancini himself after the charges were made highlighted that no one had been in contact with him asking about how he was paid. Why haven’t the PL asked Mancini about how he was financially compensated as he would be a key witness in that aspect?
Cheers

Any idea what they proposed we plead guilty to and what the punishment offered was?

My thinking based on absolutely nothing is that the club wouldn't have a settlement agreement for anything financial but maybe would for the non cooperation as long as the punishment wasn't points based.

Premier league statement being very clear that city provided irrefutable evidence against the financial charges but that we accept some responsibility in not cooperating and have accepted a £20m fine and 5 point deduction suspended for a year.
Everyone saves face and we don't have to have a drawn out trial.
Not happening, Khaldoon said we will not accept any punishment of any kind and he was looking forward to us defending the accusations, he’s a top fella, no one in the right mind should fuck with him, he’s top class.

He's certainly been more circumspect. Perhaps the occaisional lapse into "falsley inflating the market", territory. Definitely a lot of "sovereign state" - but I imagine contesting that won't be a priority - too complex and indesrete.
Yeah, not sure the state owned accusations would stick. Is it even defamatory? Not sure it is.

‘Falsely inflating the market’ is sufficiently ambiguous and nebulous to not be defamatory imo. Plus, maybe we have at some points in the last 16 years tbf.

Plus neither relate to what we have been accused of, and thereby will have been, upon being cleared, established as demonstrably false.

It’s suggestions that the accounts are in any way false where the motherlode lies. Carragher (and I think Neville) has definitely done so in recent weeks.

He's certainly been more circumspect. Perhaps the occaisional lapse into "falsley inflating the market", territory. Definitely a lot of "sovereign state" - but I imagine contesting that won't be a priority - too complex and indesrete.
Strangely enough "indes re te" is Spanish for "you are really there". Who ever said we weren't?

Yeah, not sure the state owned accusations would stick. Is it even defamatory? Not sure it is.

‘Falsely inflating the market’ is sufficiently ambiguous and nebulous to not be defamatory imo. Plus, maybe we have at some points in the last 16 years tbf.

Plus neither relate to what we have been accused of, and thereby will have been, upon being cleared, established as demonstrably false.

It’s suggestions that the accounts are in any way false where the motherlode lies. Carragher (and I think Neville) has definitely done so in recent weeks.
But the accusations are that our accounts are false so they are allowed to report that

"State-owned" in itself is not defamatory, I suppose, but it can be incorrect and, if that fact had been put to them, and the term is still used in a derogatory context, would there be no recourse?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.