PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Having spent a depressing amount of my life in board meetings, as I suspect is the same for you HCU, at best they’re getting a 5 minute rundown from Cliff for the CFG combined to make more time for something from the Waitrose finest collection.

I’d be shocked if the NED’s know anymore about the case than most people on here do as ultimately it’s not relevant for them.

Maybe it depends on the sort of board meetings you were in, but I always enjoyed attending them, tbh. Or maybe it was because I was just a scrote from Droylsden who, due to a large amount of luck and a small degree of hard work (but only when necessary) ended up in the board meetings of multi-billion euro companies in three languages, all over the world. Never a dull moment for me (well, hardly).

Life story aside, my point really is this: it is the directors who are responsible for preparing financial statements in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. Or put it anther way, the directors are at risk of going to jail should they have filed fraudulent accounts. I am pretty sure they will be well briefed on the allegations and the progress with the disciplinary panel.

Last edited:
Maybe it depends on the sort of board meetings you were in, but I always enjoyed attending them, tbh. Or maybe it was because I was just a scrote from Droylsden who, due to a large amount of luck and a small degree of hard work (but only when necessary) ended up in the board meetings of multi-billion euro companies in three languages, all over the world. Never a dull moment for me (well, hardly).

Life story aside, my point really is this: it is the directors who are responsible for preparing financial statements in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. Or put it anther way, the directors are at risk of going to jail should they have filed fraudulent accounts. I am pretty sure they will be well briefed on the allegations and the progress with the disciplinary panel.

But did you get a waitrose sandwich…….

It’s frightening the level they think City’s board operate on.

No, if you want to follow City you need at least some form of paralegal qualification.

:)

I'm a legal thicko, can somebody tell me who (after all the evidence) decides if were guilty or not. I mean is there a panel, a jury, an impartial judge, what and who ?

I'll give it a go.

The PL has a Judicial Panel, chaired by a KC, Murray Rosen (the Arsenal season ticket holder!), made up of lawyers, accountants, judges, auditors, insolvency practitioners and the like. The Chairman chooses three from the Judicial Panel to hear disciplinary cases (including or not including himself). The three of them hear the evidence from the PL and the counter-evidence from the club and then come to a conclusion and Bob is (should be) your uncle.

Choosing the three members of the disciplinary panel happens pretty quickly after the allegations are referred by the PL to the chairman of the Judicial Panel, so it is safe to assume that has been done.

But that is all we know at the moment. We don't know who the three Disciplinary Panel members are, or where they are in their process. Hence all the rumours and guesswork :)

Hope that helps.

Goldbridge or whatever his name is, is such an egotistical **** that i don't doubt for one second he'd imply hes important enough to have received a letter when in reality the club don't care about the likes of him. He's a character playing a part, no different to borat or keith lemon.
I agree with this. He'd get notoriety amongst his knuckledragging followers for suggesting that he'd been contacted by a legal source representing City. He's full of shit imo.

I don't get how he's got the amount of followers that he has. He's a dull as dishwater and clearly as fake as they come.

He's the kind of know nothing prat that you really detest being on shift with at work or seeing in the pub.

It's obvious he pretends to hate City and love Utd. The fucking no mark.

Here's an example of the "Journalist" Tony Evans work. A strong stomach is required.

Knob head . I remember him on talk shite saying that he knew City were getting a three year ban from European competition and me thinking Liverpool only got a 5 year ban for Heysel how is that fair. The man is a know nothing fool.

Anyone any idea what tolmie is alluding to in his latest?
Someone already trying to test them?
A fake out to trace a leak?
Interesting regardless.

Wonder if city will sell the right to this saga to Netflix. Would love to see it!

115 or nothing.

Edit: Now I think about it, it's a shame there aren't 411 alleged rule breaches.

"411 or nothing" has a nice ring to it ....

Last edited:
We shall see, hopefully soon.

Keys did not go a week without talking about 115 charges, so much so he posted an entire article, he and the supporting cast would always go on about integrity of the league and how Masters needs to sort this quick. Not a word since February however. Just football, strictly.
What is wrong with that man? He is the last person who should be taking about integrity.

I love Rawk for its comedy output. All bemoaning City lawyers trying to hush the red cartel journalists with legal writs etc liking it to the despotic regimes in the middle east denying free speech. Such a lack of self awareness from a fan group who hounded a journalist out of his job for daring to question the behaviour of Liverpool fans
Hypocrite FC
The case you refer to is a stain on Reach that can never be erased. Showed them up to be so partisan.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.