PL v CL

Prestwich_Blue said:
We absolutely have to do well in the CL this season as we will be losing the 20 coefficient points we got for getting to the Europa League QF in 2008/09.

If we go out too early this season we effectively go backwards.
So what? Impacts on seeding and the draw for the Group Stages, but we were in Pot 2 and got a terrible draw 12 months ago.

We must challenge for the title this season - nothing else matters as much

I'd sooner win the PL than the CL.
That might be because I'd seen more wins as there are more games, or it might just be because I'll see more away games in the PL.
And I don't particularly like the CL with its "structured" draw, having to move seat and wall-to-wall hype. I do however enjoy watching City against the very best in meaningful games and the CL is the place to do it.
However our owners want to improve our European performances so I expect Pellers has had his priorities set from above.

Can't believe anybody would say anything other then A. With this option we win something worthy.
OK we win with D. IMO PL is far better than CL. This is our bread and butter week in week out league.
Over 38 games. The one to win. CL would be nice but is still basically a knock out cup with a bit of
league basis to eke it out.

If we don't win the Prem we will not have progressed. I won't be satisfied unless we win either the Prem/CL/FA cup and qualify for the CL.

Pre-season can only give hints as to what is to come but from what I've seen I'm not overly optimistic.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.