Places to get stuck following City

Everything about that day was grim.The Middlesbrough cops shuffled half of the rail arrivals into a pub by the station. I jibbed over the wall witha few others and looked for another pub. Nothing. The college and wastelands around the ground were bleak. The freezing fog made me think of Anne Fine's The Woman in Black. The transporter bridge did have bungee jumping into the fog. Worth a look in. A solace to look back on. Those grim footy days make every other day wonderful. #SAVEourSVEN

Middlesbrough probably the grimmest place I've been to in the U.K., and one of the grimmest in the world. It was at the old Ayresome Park. A dump to go with the town. We won, though. Couple of brilliant goals by Asa and Gary (Owen) — so that cheered me up.

Isn't Middlesbrough crack head capital, or am I making that up? Seem to remember reading it.

I am currently stuck at York after my TPE connection was cancelled. Hopefully another will come?

My worst was with TPE two or three years back. We were returning to Edinburgh after a match. The TPE train arrived bang on time at Piccadilly only to throw us all out at Preston because of ‘Staff Shortages’. No replacement bus was provided as had always been the case previously. We were told to travel back via Glasgow.

The next train to Glasgow was also pulled. The next one got us to Glasgow Central eventually. By the time we had walked to Glasgow Queen Street the last Edinburgh train was gone. We had to wait an hour or more to catch the night bus to Edinburgh that stopped at every lamppost at huge expense. We arrived at Haymarket Station at around 03:00 rather than at 21:45 the previous day. We had to get a taxi back home to add to the expense.

I always thought that TPE were the worst rail company but Avanti are now running them close. I think that both are owned by the worst bus company: First.

I was thinking of Glasgow for a Rangers match the other month but the only train back got cancelled. Sounds like an utter shambles up there.

I am currently stuck at York after my TPE connection was cancelled. Hopefully another will come?

My worst was with TPE two or three years back. We were returning to Edinburgh after a match. The TPE train arrived bang on time at Piccadilly only to throw us all out at Preston because of ‘Staff Shortages’. No replacement bus was provided as had always been the case previously. We were told to travel back via Glasgow.

The next train to Glasgow was also pulled. The next one got us to Glasgow Central eventually. By the time we had walked to Glasgow Queen Street the last Edinburgh train was gone. We had to wait an hour or more to catch the night bus to Edinburgh that stopped at every lamppost at huge expense. We arrived at Haymarket Station at around 03:00 rather than at 21:45 the previous day. We had to get a taxi back home to add to the expense.

I always thought that TPE were the worst rail company but Avanti are now running them close. I think that both are owned by the worst bus company: First.
Got stuck in York on the way back from Sunderland about 5 years ago +
Balloons on the overhead lines !!!
At least there’s a half decent boozer in the station

Eventually got back to picc
Had to ring the wife and daughter to bring two cars to get us back from Manchester

Found out later we could have got the train co to get us taxis !!!!
Oh well. We won Leeroy!!!!!

Got stuck in York on the way back from Sunderland about 5 years ago +
Balloons on the overhead lines !!!
At least there’s a half decent boozer in the station

Eventually got back to picc
Had to ring the wife and daughter to bring two cars to get us back from Manchester

Found out later we could have got the train co to get us taxis !!!!
Oh well. We won Leeroy!!!!!
Yes I like the pub at York Station. Preston a decent place to get stranded at. Lancaster is a disaster area.

Fell asleep on the train from Dortmund to Dussledorf airport for that away game in 2012-ish. I'm not sure where I ended up but luckily it was still in Nord Rhein Westphalia so I had time to get another train and still catch my flight.

Everything about that day was grim.The Middlesbrough cops shuffled half of the rail arrivals into a pub by the station. I jibbed over the wall witha few others and looked for another pub. Nothing. The college and wastelands around the ground were bleak. The freezing fog made me think of Anne Fine's The Woman in Black. The transporter bridge did have bungee jumping into the fog. Worth a look in. A solace to look back on. Those grim footy days make every other day wonderful. #SAVEourSVEN
Ive never ever had a good drink out in smogboro.
Ayresome park or the present ground.
Not my fav part of the country.
Grim.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.