Planned Big Personal Events Due During The Close Season?

My lad is taking me to the Etihad on the 1st of june to see Liam Gallagher.

62 in a few months and missed out on my 60th due to lockdown.

My missus is worried I am going to turn into........

same here over the last 2 years missed a number of notable milestones.

Daughters 21st birthday a damp squib as we were locked down
Our silver wedding celebrations as we were locked down
My 60th birthday celebrations as we were locked down
Enjoying retirement as we were in lockdown

A piss poor lament with a crappy repetitive chorus I am sure you'll agree

A cottage for a week in South Lakes area with the hounds too. De cluttering for a house move. A week in Kefalonia too ... it's our 30th wedding anniversary, and it's the first place we went together abroad.
Haven't been back since 1994, so expecting big changes. (Already heard that Xi beach over in Lixouri area, which had not even a taverna on it last time, is now a full on resort, lol)

Heading to Gettysburg, PA tomorrow. A long weekend and some good friends wedding. I've been to several very "casual" weddings here before but never a western wedding. They have a horse farm so it's going to be jeans, cowboy boots, stetsons and yeehaw !!

What have you got in the pipeline to fill the no football void? Mabe a marrage or birth expected, new job . trip of a lifetime etc

We are hopefully moving house at the end of the month after 4 years of trying. Our first attempt fell apart at the very last and I mean very last minute when our buyers dropped out just before Covid kicked in meaning we had to pull out of a move to the countryside in Lincs.

We're due to move to the outskirts of Fleetwood now having been priced out of Lincilnshire (well the areas we wanted anyway) for a hopefully quieter life and certainly better air quality than Oldham.

Apart from a week in Lanzarote we'll be unpacking and getting used to the area.

It'll mean more travelling miles to home games and a lack of beer around town pre/post game but, it's a price I'm willing to pay.
Just had a call, after 32 years in this house it's happening next Monday despite the buyers solicitors being fucking shit and slower than Ricky Holden.

We'll be dropping everything at the new place and near enough running away to Lanzarote for a week.

I was praying that I'd be able to turn left rather than right from the airport when we're back a week later.

Mrs Moon & I are buzzing, what with Sunday and this it's been a rollercoaster.

I'll be attempting to complete visits to all the pubs in the Good Beer Guide. There's 4,500 of them, and 500 new ones every year.

Need 280 more. Trips to Channel Islands. Silliest and Orkneys amongst others.

God wills it !

Today I did complete the Good Beer Guide, the 4,501st pub being the tiny Taversoe on the island Rousay, Orkney.

Taken me 28 years and 13,000 pub visits, but today has been one of the half dozen best days of my life.

Today I did complete the Good Beer Guide, the 4,501st pub being the tiny Taversoe on the island Rousay, Orkney.

Taken me 28 years and 13,000 pub visits, but today has been one of the half dozen best days of my life.

I don’t know wether to congratulate you, or order you a new liver.

Thats.....impressive, 28 years, wow

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.