platini ends city's spending but will it kill the rags...

I couldn't give a fuck if Platini gets his way and stops City competing in European competitions, as all it renders his CL then if we were to qualify by winning the title, but not be allowed in because we have spent £1m more than what we earnt that season, it will mean the CL is a joke......well it is anyhow, but it would be even more so if that happend.

I can see the Sheikh saying something like "Etihad sponsor City £25m a year for 5 years", same with Jaguar, Etisalat (another he owns), Aabar (he owns 75% of that company), Ferrostaal, Malmaison, and Thomas Cook, all sponsor City at the least £8m a year, and in "his companies cases" £25m a year, and Platini couldn't do a fucking thing about it......who is he to say that is not "market value", he would be sued by the European Court of Sport, and he would never win.

Either that, or him and other "money men" will set up a competition whereby the top top clubs (City, Chelsea, Liverpool, scum, Arsenal, Barca, Madrid, Atletico, Valencia, AC, Inter, Juve, Roma, Bayern, Dortmund, Werder, Wolfsburg, Hamburg, Lyon, Marsielle, PSG, Ajax, PSV, Benfica, Sporting and Porto) would all compete in a European Super Club Cup (as all of them are in money shit or have sugar daddies that would not be allowed by UEFA to spend money to improve their clubs), whilst all the European "profit makers" can play in his CL and Europa Lge comps.....thus meaning a potential final of Rapid Vienna vs Sparta Rotterdam in the CL final, and Bolton vs Braga in the Europa Lge.......WOW!, I can see the TV companies fighting it out to show them fixtures.

Platini is a prat, nothing more, nothing less, and if it means that City cannot play in Europe, but spend money and win the domestic title, and also domestic cups often, then I for one couldn't give a fuck, it kind of renders the winners of the CL and Euro Lge not legitimate anyhow, as it should be against sides that by right earnt the right to compete in the comps the year previous, not by teams who made a profit.

This is sport, and entertainment industry, not running a shop or a bar.

UEFA got away with it because the big boys have their squads more or less in order and wish to shut out the rest by implementing these ludicrous rules. What bugs me is that Twatini dresses it up as though he were acting honourably in creating a more equitable environment when all he has done is give in to the establishment. Having said that it does not unduly worry me; we have the best squad in England, one that requires nothing but a little tweaking now and again, we have a top manager and limitless resources should the need arise to refresh.
Also Amen to that DonRoberto,fuck Platini. I hate the man more than anyone in the game in my 25 years since following City

Was gonna post a new thread based on a little conspiracy theory I have (please indulge me).

Our wonderful Sheikh (in spite of Kaka) is actually very friendly through other businesses, with Berlusconi. Berlusconi is Italy's mini Murdoch.

However in Italy, Berlusconi's rival is Murdoch's Sky Italia.

Now, given the potential outcomes discussed in this thread (ie breakaway league and all the potential wealth and media rights that go with that) Berlusconi is a serious threat to Murdoch, particularly as Berlusconi can call on our Sheikh for support.

Ergo shit coverage in Murdoch's empire of all things City and other things that seem only to happen to City and no other team - I wonder what business links Dean has to anything to do with Murdoch?

OK, so I'm pissed, but I'm certain bits of this bear scrutiny!

Can#t be arsed worrying about all this. Too man loophole and restraint of trade issues. Twattini is as thick as two short planks.

I'm in the 'too many loopholes' train of thought to be too worried about these rules.

Governments the world over have their finest brains trying to stop people from avoiding tax, and there are always ways out.

I can't say I have spent that much time studying the rules in detail, but I read somewhere recently that it might get embarrassing for UEFA in a few years time when many of the headline clubs can't compete in the champions league.

All the clubs and agents who have done well out of City's activity in the transfer market would have a different view to Platini. If there was anything or anyone who seems hell-bent on ruining football is must the demented Frenchman. This kind of tinkering will only lead to breakaways, and we will get umpteen 'associations' across the world all speaking for different factions and different groups of clubs, just like they seem to have in boxing and other sports. We'll have Uefa, Woofa, Wiffa, Puffa, and the one left for MANUre and Spuds, oh and Sunderland(!) Scruffa.

It seems strange that Michelle's #1 priority was to curb spending by the rich clubs rather than to control the out of control escalating debt that's rife throughout the footballing world, women's logic?

Krieng_Thai OSC said:
Rag still be ok in term of comply to the break even rule
They can manage to get operating income about 150 M every year before paying debt interest and left around 70 M after paying interest.
But their problem is Glazers need money and left nothing for Fergie to reinforce team. This year they buy only cheap players.
Rag is goting down every year without money injection to the team.
But as long as Fergie still can manage to get CL seat they still can go on and on year in year out.
Until the year they miss, it will be disaster like Liverpool facing now.
Why aren't the rags in trouble? Wasn't it widely publicised that they only made a profit last year due to the sale of Ronaldo (in a year in which they won the Premier League)? I haven't seen the accounts in fine detail (would love to if someone could provide a link) but without his sale they would have made a loss of over £30 million. It also seems strange that, if United would be ok as you say, why has their debt risen since the takeover?

there is a way round this, just get a player to do a couple of hours work for an independent company, pay them say £1 mill an hour, then that's them payed for the season, nothing to do with city, nothing to do fa, nothing to do with uefa, and certainly nothing to do with big fat wallet platini, in any walk of life the 25 player rule would illegal, to tell a player that he has to move and not allowed to work for the company he is contracted too is in any other employment laws unlawful, i wish someone would take these arseholes to court, i mean where is (i don,t want kaka here gordon taylor) he is gills puppet, why as this been implemented and for who,s sake?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.