Platini {merged}

Re: Platini plans to make sure 'clubs like City' dont join elite

LOL, I think he might be just a little too late to affect City, no way can it be back dated, and in the extremely unlikely event it can, it can be back dated to Chelsea before Abramovic, who apparently supports it now (which is a f**king joke).

Thats a joke! How will smaller clubs catch bigger clubs if investers can't invest into their club. City arn't running into debt they are paying cash.

Where's the actual quote from him I think I missed it. Only seems to be fourfourtwo mention 'clubs like city'?

The guy is just anti-english full stop.He hates the wealth and power the Premier league has and will do whatever he can to stop English clubs dominating.

As another poster has already said if what Platini came into force then Etihad would just sponsor us for £200m.

I'd imagine now though our days of spending £200m in 2 windows is over.We have the backbone of a good side and will probably just have to cherry pick 1 or 2 £30m players every summer to continue being successfull.

Fuck off Platini.You are a cnut!!

will never, ever happen

His idea would either lead to lots of "Leeds Uniteds" (or worse) and/or the rich getting richer and the poor getting poorer. All he'd need to do next to completely kill football of all excitement would be to install wage caps.

With that said, I'm sure "Sugar Daddies" could quite easily find loopholes.

The Fat el Hombre said:
Where's the actual quote from him I think I missed it. Only seems to be fourfourtwo mention 'clubs like city'?

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Chelsea-chief-Roman-Abramovich-backs-UEFA-calls-for-spending-bans-article134277.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Ch ... 34277.html</a>

Where would this leave clubs like City, Spurs, Everton, Villa etc. We might aswell pack up our bags and fuck off.

This is designed to keep the cosy cartel of the European 'super' clubs, even further from the rest.

Level playing field.....my arse!!

drop dead you barstool

why do city deserve not to be in the champs league?

I can't see City spending more than 30 million again in a transfer window. That's the point- we've had a significant cash investment, all we really need is fine tuning now imo.

Plus, the idea is (or was, at least) to expand the CITY brand to way beyond the realms of football. Not least of which would be all sorts of fun things that they might get up to with the land around the stadium.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.