Platini talking bollox, threatning to kick us out the waffa

I really wouldn't worry about this. The rest of Europe are looking for a way to stifle the Premier League rather than concentrate on strengthening their own league financially.
As other posters have mentioned, this would radicalise many of the big English clubs, plus Real Madrid no doubt and create a breakaway European superleague.....which I'm sure would be focused by wealth, ensuring our membership.

Oh yeah, when will people (Platini) stop trying to link morality with football. If he is gonna launch a crusade then he needs to concentrate on the morality within the corrupt Italian game first.

This is just the usually un-educated dribble that you get out of the likes of Platini & his mentor Blatter !

What a load of nonesense. He hasn't even looked at the facts. Tottenham Spent more money that us in the transfer window
are they now ruining the game?

Also using the % of income over expenditure formula. I recall that the only Club (top 5) in the premiership that would of met the guidelines were Man Utd. The likes of chelsea were spending over 120% of income on wages alone.

Nice to see that we are "Big" enough to appear on Platini's radar these days - but ignore his comments he's a wanker!

You only have to look at how f**ked up the French League is to see that those rules will harm the rest of the league

Olympique Lyonnais have dominated the top French level, Ligue 1, in the early years of the 21st century. After their second-place finish in 2001, OL have won seven consecutive Ligue 1 titles (2002-2008), becoming the first club in French history to do so. Lyon's European ambitions have meanwhile never been realised beyond the quarter-finals of the Champions League, however.

stonerblue said:
u2fme2 said:
he's got no fucking chance of bringing this inn,
the man is a first class FRENCH prick!!!

Doesn't matter where he's from

Yes, it does.....He is French, therefore under a little bit of pressure he will surrender....its in his blood.

And though this prick is talking, as ever, through his arse and it won't happen, if in some other reality it was to, then surely City will be free to continue to make these size of offers, as 'within their means' still gives us far more spending power than any other club in the world right now?

By the sounds of it, he's not talking about doing it THIS season, I think he means for the future.

Regardless, it's unbelievable!!!!!

If he did throw us out this years UEFA Cup then the next day I would go into court and file a lawsuit against UEFA to reclaim all the expenses I'd racked up following City in the UEFA Cup. But that's not gonna happen because it's just a rant from someone who is obviously well-trained at talking completely nonsense.

I just worry that Platinis stance could increase pressure on us through the later rounds of the UEFA Cup.

Surely the point is...

WE DO HAVE THE BUDGET.

We aren't borrowing any money, unlike The Stretford Devils et al who's funds are borrowed so putting the clubs in further debt...

We have no debt, just pots of cash!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.