Platini Warns City

gaudinho's stolen car said:
Fuck off Platini you ****.
CAST YOUR MIND BACK TO WHEN THE RAGS WERE BEATEN IN THE CHAMPS LEAGUE FINAL BY BARCA. FERGIE WENT WITH THE TEAM UP FOR THERE LOSERS MEDALS,HE SHOOCK PLATINI,S HAND AS THOUGH HE HAD FOUND HIS LONG LOST BROTHER AFTER TWENTY YEARS OR SO.HE SEEMED ELATED .FOUND THAT VERY STRANGE SEEING AS HE HAD JUST LOST THE FINAL..WOULDNT BE SUPRISED IF BACON FACE WAS IN AT THE START WITH DEVISING THIS FAIR PLAY BOLLOCKS AIMED AT STOPPING US BUYING THE BEST.ILL SLING ...CANTONA INTO THE POT TOO. ILL BET MY LAST QUID THAT THEY ARE ALL THE BEST OF BUDDIES.

This is a bit of desperation from platini .He has probably just realised since last Sunday the enormity of what is going on at City and how much the football landscape is changing and like all the old guard he is a bit scared

Wreckless Alec said:
bluenova said:
Remember that the Football League have introduced FFP too, following from UEFA's lead - surely that's a benefit considering those 40 clubs that have gone into administration in the last decade?

I'm interested in this. If it's true that 40 clubs have gone into administration what is the harm in that ? It's in the nature of sport and business that not all investment succeeds. There have to be failures and that happens in any walk of life. People keep quoting Portsmouth as an example but the insolvency and corporate regime is such that the core business, the football club always, always survives in one form or another. They are still in the league, no lower than we have been without going bust so what's the problem ? They overspent, won a trophy and reaped the consequences. Leeds ? there's every chance that they will be back in the not too distant future. I'm not sure what this grave danger is that we need rules to prevent.

The nature of sport AND business? Clubs going into administration in such high numbers is a relatively new situation. How can it be fine that we have a system encouraging clubs to have cycles where they overreach and then go into administration?

I thought the jeapordy element of competitive football was that you could be relegated? Now it's relegation plus the possiblity of total financial meltdown, even more people losing their jobs, supporters putting their hands in their pockets for collections, clubs nearly going out of business, St Johns Ambulance and all the local suppliers not getting paid, a second relegation due to points deduction. Still they probably spent a season losing games in a division higher than would have been expected, so the fans must be delirious.

tijuana tev said:
CAST YOUR MIND BACK TO WHEN THE RAGS WERE BEATEN IN THE CHAMPS LEAGUE FINAL BY BARCA. FERGIE WENT WITH THE TEAM UP FOR THERE LOSERS MEDALS,HE SHOOCK PLATINI,S HAND AS THOUGH HE HAD FOUND HIS LONG LOST BROTHER AFTER TWENTY YEARS OR SO.HE SEEMED ELATED .FOUND THAT VERY STRANGE SEEING AS HE HAD JUST LOST THE FINAL..WOULDNT BE SUPRISED IF BACON FACE WAS IN AT THE START WITH DEVISING THIS FAIR PLAY BOLLOCKS AIMED AT STOPPING US BUYING THE BEST.ILL SLING ...CANTONA INTO THE POT TOO. ILL BET MY LAST QUID THAT THEY ARE ALL THE BEST OF BUDDIES.

If this is all a plot by Platini to screw over City then he must have a time machine.

He's been banging on about FFP for a decade, and had accused Real, Barca, UNITED and Chelsea of cheating financially, ALL PRIOR TO OUR TAKEOVER.

The conspiracy theories on here are astounding at times :)

bluenova said:
tijuana tev said:

If this is all a plot by Platini to screw over City then he must have a time machine.

He's been banging on about FFP for a decade, and had accused Real, Barca, UNITED and Chelsea of cheating financially, ALL PRIOR TO OUR TAKEOVER.

And yet, in the past few days (and months) he has barely, if ever, mentioned the financial situations at any of those other clubs and has focussed on City.

Why is that?

Why is he now so concerned that our owners might leave us? What the fuck does he care? Why not worry about Abramovic leaving Chelsea (which is far more likely) or the Qataris leaving PSG?

Ah, PSG... "a great thing for French football", if I remember correctly was Platini's view of their takeover!

To get round all this shit, I think the Sheilk just just "loan" us £1 billion and we repay the interest rate on it... just like the rags position is now. Everyone's a winner.

Oh, and if he's been banging on about this for a decade, how come it only comes into effect when we join the party?
What was stopping him implementing it years ago?

Ah, because the other clubs you mention now realise that their gravy train is hitting the buffers!

Instead of congratulating City, he speaks ill. Was his last life a piece of grass on Maine Rd that players spit on that makes him sick of City? F***nini is a disgrace to football.

bluenova said:
tijuana tev said:

are you French by any chance?

IF the Sheikh "walked away" (which he won't) he could quite easily sell the club and near enough recoup his billion dollar investment.

Soulboy said:
Oh, and if he's been banging on about this for a decade, how come it only comes into effect when we join the party?
What was stopping him implementing it years ago?

Ah, because the other clubs you mention now realise that their gravy train is hitting the buffers!

Because it takes time:

1. He wasn't even UEFA president when he first started arguing for better financial governance.

2. He's had to persuade clubs to agree to this (and inevitably there has been compromise because of this).

3. He's had to persuade the EU to agree that it doesn't break any of their competition laws.

4. As we all know, there are plenty of people desperate to find loopholes, so it's been a complex process preparing/introducing it.

5. It's been introduced slowly and with plenty of warning to give clubs the best chance to comply.

The UEFA FFP isn't a wonderful rule - it's been watered down from the original plans to tackle debt as well as overspending. Platini has also argued for salary caps (both absolute and as a % of income) and other similar measures, but can't get enough agreement to implement then.

A few pages back on this thread I posted a link to a United forum from 2008. It was almost exactly like this one - full of people accusing him of targeting United, and ignoring Barca and Madrid.

Are you suggesting he spent years talking about teams with debts, salary caps, financial mismanagment, and called Utd, Chelsea, Barca and Madrid cheats for no reason - then when we were taken over said "I must do something...but how...oh yes, all that talk over the years...I'll pretend I really meant it, and I can use it to screw Man City. Just as well the people at UEFA are already working on it. I had told them to get started as they looked bored, but never intended using it against my beautiful United (oh...how it hurt me to call them 'cheats' in public)...but now all that work, all those speeches, those hours of interviews, all the work that money we've spent working on consultation and legal issues won't be wasted. We have a target, and I can pretend it was a real plan all along....Evil Man City, you are in my sights!"

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.