platini

i don't understand why abrohimavich is asking for this, Chelsea have wages similar or even more than us, and there is no way they can sustain it with their 20000 seater stadium

blightee said:
i don't understand why abrohimavich is asking for this, Chelsea have wages similar or even more than us, and there is no way they can sustain it with their 20000 seater stadium

He is assuming Chelsea will continue to qualify for the CL and therefore have a bigger income than teams like City, Spurs and Villa and therefore meaning they can spend more than City, Spurs and Villa.

Putting our own concerns to one side (we will be unrecognisable in 3 years from the OLD City), what must the likes of Aston Villa, Everton, Spurs and West Ham think of this? We have won the lottery, but nobody else can? It's a joke and this ruling clearly demonstrates how corrupt football has become.

I can't see this passing competition laws, I really can't. We are meant to be in a 'free market' aren't we?

If it does come into force I can Imagine a few ways around this as many others have stated. For instance the Sheikh could 'loan' us £500m and pay him back about a fiver a year, I reckon even we could service that deal. The absolute piss take of all this is (imagine this idea on a presonal level) its okay to have 10 different credit cards maxed out, but you can't rely on 'gifts' off your wealthy Great Uncle Mansour.....wtf!?

Looking abroad the likes of Shaktar Donesk and Wolfsburg will be pretty pissed off too.

it stinks, everyone can see it's whole aim is to keep the top teams there as there the 1's who get the most for sponsership champions league etc. this rule would just increase the gap between them and the rest and eventually lead to a european super league IMO.

Football is corrupt as fuck domestically, european and on the world stage and it pisses me off no one has the balls to do anything about it

of course it fucking stinks but it won't affect City which is the most important issue.

it is the first step imo towards the European League as non of the present fatcats wants to lose their seat at the top table.

We are pissed off but all them other clubs that dream of getting a rich owner and "do a Man City" now have had their dreams ripped apart!

They will probably put some sort of cap on the amount a sponsor can sponsor you for..

Or is this breaking some business law somewhere??

mcfc1996 said:
blightee said:

He is assuming Chelsea will continue to qualify for the CL and therefore have a bigger income than teams like City, Spurs and Villa and therefore meaning they can spend more than City, Spurs and Villa.

but thats the problem...if chelsea make say 20 million from the chump league and they break even on everything else then that only gives them 16 mill (60% of turnover) to spend on a player cos the russian cant boost this with his own finances...that would mean getting dropped from the chumps league invite..

all the big clubs have remained big due to spending over their means...now they wont be able to..

The champs league money will not be enough to bail them out...because theyve all had it for years but have still had to overspend.

As a city fan Im not that concerned. We have ample time to invest in club infrastructure, players etc. We can renegotiate players' contracts for lower wages but higher signing on fees etc. Money can be put to City now and City can invest it to whatever, or just collect intrest. Someone like Khaldoon and Cook will come up with something for sure, and we won't be far behind "big spenders" if at all. Hopefully we can even take that champions league spot and wrestle Manu or arsenal out of it.

Also it will probably be a pain to investigate all clubs and define exact rules how loans, debts etc. should be handled.

And if all else fails, doesnt this just mean that we couldnt participate in European competitions. It's a big deal, I agree. Maybe all clubs not happy about this just establish their own association and own competitions "Golden league" or some such. Sheikh of course gives a lot bigger price money than champions league ;);)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.