platini

Re: Twatini

It is a shit rule. No one has to do anything. As long as we can service the debt, Platini is happy. It's the loophole to allow Man Utd, Real Madrid, Milan and Liverpool to play in Europe.

The Good Doctor said:
Matty said:
Do you really think that our revenue comes even close to meeting our wage bill, yet alone funding any signings? Adebayor, Tevez, Robinho, Toure, RSC, Barry etc will all be on wages just below, or above the £100k a week level, that's probably £600k a week, on just 6 players, in basic wages, which doesn't take into account appearance fees, clean sheet/goal bonuses etc. Our wage bill will be in the region of £2m a week, put simply there's not a club on the planet that can afford those kinds of wages based on revenue.

The Sheikh can gift to the club can't he? If not then it obviously will be a problem but I was under the impression he could.

I would have thought that loophole will have been closed, admittedly ADUG do it differently to Abramovich, he heaps the money onto the club in the form of "loans" that they will, in time, have to pay back. However, if the aim is to prevent rich owners simply outspending each other, then I'd have thought FIFA would have blocked the gift option.

Matty said:
The Good Doctor said:
The Sheikh can gift to the club can't he? If not then it obviously will be a problem but I was under the impression he could.

I would have thought that loophole will have been closed, admittedly ADUG do it differently to Abramovich, he heaps the money onto the club in the form of "loans" that they will, in time, have to pay back. However, if the aim is to prevent rich owners simply outspending each other, then I'd have thought FIFA would have blocked the gift option.

I'm sure they'll find a way to sort it, but, knowing FIFA, the rules will probably change again before then so that Platini's 'friends' in the game aren't too badly affected.

I have lifted this from the BBC site:

"Living within your means is the basis of accounting but it hasn't been the basis of football for years now.

"The owners are asking for rules because they can't mplement them themselves, many of them have had it with shovelling money into clubs and the more money you put into clubs, the harder it is to sell at a profit.

"I think a lot of owners would like to sell at the moment but can't because of the line of business they are in.

"Fifty per cent of clubs are losing money and this is an increasing trend. We needed to stop this downward spiral. They have spent more than they have earned in the past and haven't paid their debts."

The Uefa president added that clubs would be given incentives to invest in youth development and facilities, including stadiums.

"The only people who want fewer rules are the ones who line their pockets," he said.

The Club Financial Control Panel, which has been formed to oversee the introduction of the new rules, will be led by former Belgium prime minister Jean-Luc Dehaene.

"The rule of financial fair play is aimed at ensuring the healthy, lasting viability of the clubs," he said.

Platini has been pressing for measures which would ensure clubs live within their means.

The plan had already been approved by the European Club Association, which represents Europe's clubs.

Uefa believes the spiralling inflation of transfer fees and players' wages cannot be sustained.

Some of Europe's major clubs are carrying debts counted in hundreds of millions, with Real Madrid estimated to be in the red by £500m at the end of the 2007/08 season.

If you depend only on a rich benefactor however, then the financial model is too volatile

Now, Uefa wants to limit clubs to spend only what they earn from football-related income such as ticket sales and television deals.

Platini, who says the measures are backed by owners including Chelsea's Roman Abramovich, added that an independent panel would be set up to judge whether clubs had broken the rules.

Uefa is also concerned with the influence of wealthy owners coming into the game.

The new measures would mean owners such as Manchester City's Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed al Nahyan would not be able to make huge gifts of cash to their clubs.

"If you buy a house, you have a debt but that doesn't mean someone is going to stop you from working," added Platini.

"If you depend only on a rich benefactor however, then the financial model is too volatile."

Uefa would also look at losses incurred by clubs' parent companies who have to service loans, said Platini.

The Sheik cannot give a gift but as stated, we are not in debt, nor owe anything, nor want to sell. It's a lot of hot air.

Qulaify for chumps league before 2012, then we'll be on the inside pissing out. Although, no doubt the goalposts will be shifted again

How can such a draconian ruling pass EU competition law, how can you tell a club they can have an owner buy the club but he cant invest as much money as he see's fit to make the club a success, that just defies all common sense, its like telling Kraft's if they buy Cadbury's they must not invest in new plant and machinery, in over words it becomes whats the point buying it, and low and behold that new investment walks away to another sport that will accept the investment, thats just plain crazy. I heard one point muttered by Platini when these plans were first muted, he said "I have backing for this, Mr Berlesconi and Mr Abromovich are sick and tired of pumping there own money into the busines.". There you have it in a nutshell boys, Chelsea who have know established themselves a regular champions league spot by investment by a wealthy owner, and a corrupt Italian prime minister so incompetent he cant make Milan run at a profit want to stop anyone else ever gatecrashing the party, what a bunch of wankers.

Bonol said:
How can such a draconian ruling pass EU competition law, how can you tell a club they can have an owner buy the club but he cant invest as much money as he see's fit to make the club a success, that just defies all common sense, its like telling Kraft's if they buy Cadbury's they must not invest in new plant and machinery, in over words it becomes whats the point buying it, and low and behold that new investment walks away to another sport that will accept the investment, thats just plain crazy. I heard one point muttered by Platini when these plans were first muted, he said "I have backing for this, Mr Berlesconi and Mr Abromovich are sick and tired of pumping there own money into the busines.". There you have it in a nutshell boys, Chelsea who have know established themselves a regular champions league spot by investment by a wealthy owner, and a corrupt Italian prime minister so incompetent he cant make Milan run at a profit want to stop anyone else ever gatecrashing the party, what a bunch of wankers.

That pretty much sums it up, its like well I spent my money to reap the benefits of Champions League football but I don't want to spend anymore, so the have climbed the ladder and pulled it away so no one else can get there.

If they were so serious on this then they should come down ont he clubs with massive debts and ban them from Europe till they sort out, but that would upset too many influential and rich people..........

liverpool have just signed a 4 year 80 mill sponsorship deal..

I wonder if the likes of Wigan,Bolton,birmigham etc will be able to strike up a lucrative deal like that...

oh no I forgot...only established top 4 teams can ever hope to get such deals to help boost their turnover..
keeping them at the top and the rest well and truly in their place.

It stinks ..it really does..

The only teams this ruling benefits are the ones who continually play in the CL so no wonder the likes of Scum, Chelsea, Real Madrid, Barca and the 2 Milan clubs love it. When this rule comes in no team in their leagues can do what we have done and buy players to compete therefore protecting the rich clubs who will be playing for the buggest financial rewards in the CL. How does this benefit Wigan, Bolton, Real Betis, Livorno, et al. It means that they have to settle for mediocraty season after season with no hope of making the top4 or even top 6 of their leagues.

samharris said:
liverpool have just signed a 4 year 80 mill sponsorship deal..
only established top 4 teams can ever hope to get such deals to help boost their turnover..
keeping them at the top and the rest well and truly in their place.

It stinks ..it really does..

However, your statement raises an interesting point. What is to stop the Sheikh using one of the many other hundreds of business's that he surely has from deciding to sponsor City on the shirts as has been done with Etihad, except the deal goes through at £500m for say 5 years (or even 3 if he wanted to be able to alter the figures as it suits him) after all Im sure that would be a way for him to simply move his money between business's to benefit City and circumnavigate UEFA's rules.

As an aside, seeing as the Sheikh is the sole owner of City then surely any profit they make he is elligable to, so if the £500m was not needed or spent he just takes his money back as profit from a business where he is sole owner ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.