Play the Swede

Lavinda Past said:
Neville Kneville said:
Lavinda Past said:
Duuuuhhh...

1. Zlatan is Swedish, John is Swedish. They both play football in the same position. There the comparison ends.
2. 'No mark twat at Norwich' - That comment's not even worthy of mention - You are a sad man Nev. A very sad man.
3. I've referred in this and other threads to his performances and what I consider to be his good / bad points.
4. Plenty of people at various clubs have looked at JG - probably more than most young players. He's had his chance at City and someone has decided he's not good enough to progress beyond EDS. He's been tried out and he's not good enough.

I have no problems with any club selling / releasing anyone who has had the opportunity. OK, JG had a career threatening virus, but he was very well looked after, and very well paid by the club throughout. Bearing in mind they could have left him to rot , I think he's been very lucky to get a move to a great club like Celtic. Like I say, it's up to him to sort his ego out to ensure that he doesn't fuck up this chance.

There are far better prospects in our academy system than John Guidetti. Patrick Viera won't tolerate egos - he'll get it right.

You made the fucking comparison, not me. I know Zlatan is better than Guidetti, I also know that there is no suggestion from anywhere that Gudetti has a problem with ego, apart from some twat at Norwich allegedly telling you about it. Nowhere. He freely admits he has an ego, but BOTH clubs he has played for want to sign him, so why the fuck are you making out it's a problem ? Why are you mentioning Vieira ? Has Vieira said there is a problem ?

Which people at other clubs have looked at Gudetti and when ? And please describe when exactly he had his chance at City & who/when it was decided he wasn't good enough.

You are making shit up, about one of our academy kids & it's piss poor.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.samaritans.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.samaritans.com</a>

Yeah thought as much.

No answers nothing, just bullshit you made up.

Lavinda Past said:
Neville Kneville said:
mekonmcfc said:
you surely cant be comparing Zlatan's ego and Guidetti's ? one is absolutlely magical that has has scored at the highest level possible... and the other has done nothing yet to warrant the bluemoon wankfest he gets !! He is simply not good enough for the top of the premier league if any of it !!

Guidetti doesn't get a 'wankfest' just mainly people saying, as I do, that he should get a chance before he's dumped out of the club, as his record deserves it. There is no argument that his record doesn't deserve it.

Your point about egos is complete fucking garbage. It's never ever a bad thing to have confidence, especially if you are a goalscorer, in fact it is an enormous asset.

You are genuinely hilarious Nev, but you're in danger of disappearing up your own arse with this.

HE'S BEEN TRIED AND TESTED - HE'S HAD HIS CHANCE - HE'S JUST NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

Tried and tested? Tried in Holland - succeeded tried in Scotland - succeeded and hardly played at Stoke. At what point do you say he's not good enough if that's all we have to go off? Tried and tested and has his chance? Where as he hasn't with us.

I agree he might not be good enough but who the fuck knows until he actually plays for City? Jovetic gets paid a fortune to play and not score so wheres the harm in giving the lad a go? Sturridge had an ego problem at his age not done him any harm has it?

I've said before for the amount of money we end up paying poor players who have no chance of getting into the team (Sinclair's/Boyota's of this world) and 'out of flavour players (Nasti) we could easily give the guy another 12 month contract and see what happens.

I do think a 12 month loan was a crazy idea, we could have done 6 months and then had a look at him.

To be honest, I’ve never had a constructive opinion about Guidetti, mainly because I’ve never seen him in the Premier League against Premier League opposition. However, let’s try and stick to what has happened and what is probably going to happen.

Regardless of ability,Guidetti has had all sorts of injuries/illness to hamper his development.

Unfortunately, (for him) his period out of the game has coincided with City winning two Premier League titles.
We are now a completely different outfit to the one that Guidetti represented at West Brom in 2010.

Guidetti made a number of appearances on the recent tour to the US, but then again, so did Sinclair, Boyata and Nastasic, who have been similarly discarded.

In terms of being a home-grown player you could argue that it would have made sense to have kept Guidetti in our Champions League squad, especially as we seemed to have a surplus of central defenders. two of whom Pellegrini doesn’t appear to have any interest in picking.

At the time we only had three regulars, Hart, Milner and Lampard, who we could count as home-grown. We needed to discard one foreign player and then it was any two from Nastasic, Boyata, Guidetti, Richards, Sinclair etc

What we’ll never know is how close Nastasic came to finding a new club, the real reason why Boyata was given a contract extension, whether City always had every intention of selling Negredo,or even whether City have high hopes for Denayer (having just spent £30m on Mangala).

Guidetti’s contract expires at the end of this season, so presumably he will be able to negotiate his future during the January transfer window.

The wider issue, and it wont’ go away, is the direction that City are going with our academy players, especially as despite all the contrary hype, Chelsea, United, Liverpool and Arsenal have hardly produced a decent first team player between them, despite having the cream of the crop for more than a decade.

Could be wrong here but I was under the impression that the loan deal done with Celtic was similar to the Barry loan deal to Everton, in that if Celtic give him a permanent contract at the end of the deal City are due some money back.

If that's the case it suggests to me that the decision has already been taken by the club not to retain him when his contract ends.

Neville Kneville said:
Lavinda Past said:
Neville Kneville said:
You made the fucking comparison, not me. I know Zlatan is better than Guidetti, I also know that there is no suggestion from anywhere that Gudetti has a problem with ego, apart from some twat at Norwich allegedly telling you about it. Nowhere. He freely admits he has an ego, but BOTH clubs he has played for want to sign him, so why the fuck are you making out it's a problem ? Why are you mentioning Vieira ? Has Vieira said there is a problem ?

Which people at other clubs have looked at Gudetti and when ? And please describe when exactly he had his chance at City & who/when it was decided he wasn't good enough.

You are making shit up, about one of our academy kids & it's piss poor.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.samaritans.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.samaritans.com</a>

Yeah thought as much.

Nothing I have written here was made up.

You really don't have a clue about how clubs develop and assess players do you?

John Guidetti - Tried, tested, found wanting. The club has decided that HE'S NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR CITY. He's gone for good.

Please try to get that through your apparently very thick skull, and move on. If you can't live without watching Guidetti, I suggest that you watch Celtic - he's doing really well at that level.

Lavinda Past said:
Neville Kneville said:
Lavinda Past said:

Yeah thought as much.

John Guidetti - Tried, tested, found wanting. The club has decided that HE'S NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR CITY. He's gone for good.

Please try to get that through your apparently very thick skull, and move on. If you can't live without watching Guidetti, I suggest that you watch Celtic - he's doing really well at that level.

Proves how much of a ball bag you are that you can’t grasp what he is saying. In theory he is agreeing he probably won’t make it but based on actual facts and reasons. Not Hughes didn’t want him and a Norwich nobody didn’t like him.

Compulsive Rambler said:
NorthEastScotlandMCFC said:
Iheanacho

This kid all over... he was quality in the states.
So was Sinclair and Boyata was brilliant in the previous year's pre-season. Read nothing into pre-season training matches.

Tom_mcfc said:
Lavinda Past said:
Neville Kneville said:
Yeah thought as much.

Proves how much of a ball bag you are that you can’t grasp what he is saying. In theory he is agreeing he probably won’t make it but based on actual facts and reasons. Not Hughes didn’t want him and a Norwich nobody didn’t like him.

Who the **** are you then? Nev's thicker brother?

Fact - Tried, tested, found wanting

Fact - The club has decided that HE'S NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR CITY

Fact - You dismiss the opinion of a professional footballer simply because he's not employed by Manchester City

Fact - YOU are a ball bag.

Do yourself a favour and go and join Nev in a private wankfest.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.