Player (and manager) threads

Ric

Administrator
We introduced these last season as we felt it would help stop the forum from getting too cluttered and prevent duplicate threads, which was reasonable enough. However, with hindsight I don't think it's really worked as intended.

We now have a situation whereby everything relating to a player is lumped into one topic. It's a bit prosaic and formulaic, and stifles debate. For instance, in the Toure thread recently (just as an example) we had three concurrent debates lumped together in one thread (his agent's comments about Guardiola, the African Player of the Year issue, and his current form), when they all merited separate discussion.

You also sometimes end up with certain posters using these threads just to slag players off, which can be a bit tedious.

We've decided to try and change things so will trial locking those huge threads (including the media bias thread), and people can just start new, more specific topics as and when appropriate.

I know some people think we keep changing things for the sake of it, but obviously we're not trying to piss people off. We're just constantly trying to find ways to improve the forum, and if it doesn't work then we'll happily reassess it.

Any feedback, as always, welcomed.

Cheers,
Ric

Last edited:
So where do we go post match to comment on the players? won't lots of people be starting threads here there and everywhere?
Sorry if i'm being thick

So where do we go post match to comment on the players? won't lots of people be starting threads here there and everywhere?
Sorry if i'm being thick

I guess if it's just a general observation (e.g. "Thought Delph played really well today"), then it should just go in the post-match thread. If it's a specific point (e.g. the injury suffered by Kolarov) then feel free to start a new thread.

I guess if it's just a general observation (e.g. "Thought Delph played really well today"), then it should just go in the post-match thread. If it's a specific point (e.g. the injury suffered by Kolarov) then feel free to start a new thread.
I get you,thanks

I think its a good move, speaking for myself, I stopped going in the player threads, too many WUMs and people slagging off players all the time, I think just about every player has had some abuse at some point, totally tedious.

Could you not have a match thread for players made into a sticky thread for a month by month basis on those games in that month. In it you can discuss how the players played month by month and all other stuff can go separate . So say we have 4 games in Feb a new thread will start for those games how the team n players played . Then start a new one next months games from scratch .

Perhaps if a mod locks a thread they post a reason as the last post this would make it clearer when someone is catching up on things

Could you not have a match thread for players made into a sticky thread for a month by month basis on those games in that month. In it you can discuss how the players played month by month and all other stuff can go separate . So say we have 4 games in Feb a new thread will start for those games how the team n players played . Then start a new one next months games from scratch .
Whilst I see where you are coming from they'll remain a ground for continued abuse, just month by month abuse rather than all year

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.