Player (and manager) threads

After a loss the post match threads are just as bad as anything already, its another thread that just needs avoiding. Proof of this is that after a loss, the post match thread is twice or three times the size compared to a win. Draws are becoming just as bad as well.
Yep,i wouldn't like to mod a place this size

Speaking for myself as a poster, I found it difficult to keep track of activity with the player topics.

Coming back a day or two after being offline, you couldn't tell whether you missed 1 page or 100 pages of content and how much of that was nonsense you didn't want to read anyway, and I suppose I contributed less because of it and think it helped arguments on the forum tick on for months on end.

The old system worked better in my eyes and clearly separated topics meant that you could get involved in whatever conversations you wanted without trampling over other people's conversations.

After a loss the post match threads are just as bad as anything already, its another thread that just needs avoiding. Proof of this is that after a loss, the post match thread is twice or three times the size compared to a win. Draws are becoming just as bad as well.

The actual match threads themselves are probably worse, but we've just decided to let people vent their spleen (within reason) during the game and then remove the threads altogether afterwards.

The post-match threads could go that way too, maybe just leave them open on the day/evening on the game and then get rid.

People are so hyped up during the game and in its immediate aftermath that they're prone to ridiculous hyperbole. You tend to get more sense the following day when everyone has calmed down.

The actual match threads themselves are probably worse, but we've just decided to let people vent their spleen (within reason) during the game and then remove the threads altogether afterwards.

The post-match threads could go that way too, maybe just leave them open on the day/evening on the game and then get rid.

People are so hyped up during the game and in its immediate aftermath that they're prone to ridiculous hyperbole. You tend to get more sense the following day when everyone has calmed down.
You could lock post match threads and open them after an hour so everyone has a chance to calm down a bit

Yep. Some of the player threads are fucking tedious and the amount of abuse (abuse, not debate) is shocking. The Pellegrini thread is another shocker.

Yes, the abuse in some of these threads is something that needs to be addressed too. There are a few posters who seem to be pre-occupied with point scoring and winding people up, rather than contributing anything meaningful to the debate. That's something else we're looking at.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.